asromanut Member 50 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Melbourne Posted 05/12/05 02:41 AM Posted 05/12/05 02:41 AM Hi all,Im in the process of running in my BF XR6T, have done 900kms so far. This being my second T all I can say it is a dream to drive, I got the ZF 6speed auto as 1 of my options My questions are related to the modding potential of the BF and the 6speed auto.The mods that I am considering are as follows:1. Custom Edit2. Bigger injectors3. Valve springsIm not looking to have a monster all I want is about 280-290rwkw, and have the car tuned for mid-range torque, what torque figures should I expect with power such as I have descibed? Would I need to have the auto modded to cope with the increase in power and torque?Also considering the power that im after is there any mods that I have missed and should consider?Who is the best tuner around? Ive heard lots of good things bout HPF and Nizpro.. im in MelbourneAny advice to steer me in the right direction would be gratly appreciated!regardsMark
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Posted 05/12/05 02:57 AM Posted 05/12/05 02:57 AM Hi all,Im in the process of running in my BF XR6T, have done 900kms so far. This being my second T all I can say it is a dream to drive, I got the ZF 6speed auto as 1 of my options My questions are related to the modding potential of the BF and the 6speed auto.The mods that I am considering are as follows:1. Custom Edit2. Bigger injectors3. Valve springsIm not looking to have a monster all I want is about 280-290rwkw, and have the car tuned for mid-range torque, what torque figures should I expect with power such as I have descibed? Would I need to have the auto modded to cope with the increase in power and torque?Also considering the power that im after is there any mods that I have missed and should consider?Who is the best tuner around? Ive heard lots of good things bout HPF and Nizpro.. im in MelbourneAny advice to steer me in the right direction would be gratly appreciated!regardsMarkMy first concern would be the new gearbox.It has been rated to 600NM, which you will exceed easily with the modifications you have outlined.Unfortunately being a new component, there's not much data on what torque levels will actually kill it.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 05/12/05 08:08 AM Posted 05/12/05 08:08 AM Hi all,Im in the process of running in my BF XR6T, have done 900kms so far. This being my second T all I can say it is a dream to drive, I got the ZF 6speed auto as 1 of my options My questions are related to the modding potential of the BF and the 6speed auto.The mods that I am considering are as follows:1. Custom Edit2. Bigger injectors3. Valve springsIm not looking to have a monster all I want is about 280-290rwkw, and have the car tuned for mid-range torque, what torque figures should I expect with power such as I have descibed? Would I need to have the auto modded to cope with the increase in power and torque?Also considering the power that im after is there any mods that I have missed and should consider?Who is the best tuner around? Ive heard lots of good things bout HPF and Nizpro.. im in MelbourneAny advice to steer me in the right direction would be gratly appreciated!regardsMarkMy first concern would be the new gearbox.It has been rated to 600NM, which you will exceed easily with the modifications you have outlined.Unfortunately being a new component, there's not much data on what torque levels will actually kill it.well if they can up firm up the shifts and increase the line pressure, the box should be fine...the 4-speed auto is only rated to 450nm and with an Edit it could cope just fine with the power you want...so I don't see any reason why the 6-speed auto couldn't cope with ease...I would also get one the bolt in intercoolers to keep everything cool...Dave.
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 22d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 05/12/05 08:48 AM Posted 05/12/05 08:48 AM Dont think the Edit works for the BF yet..... something to look into !!
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 05/12/05 08:55 AM Posted 05/12/05 08:55 AM Dont think the Edit works for the BF yet..... something to look into !!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wrong Street tuner has already stated that the Edit has been done for the BF
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 05/12/05 09:01 AM Posted 05/12/05 09:01 AM Dont think the Edit works for the BF yet..... something to look into !!Wrong Street tuner has already stated that the Edit has been done for the BF I heard this too but I also heard that they couldn't control the new auto...any fact to this rumour?Dave.
347ci Member 15 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Posted 05/12/05 12:12 PM Posted 05/12/05 12:12 PM This is the exact reason why im waiting to see some bf auto t's on the road and tuned otherwise I would have one on order now. The ion four speeders seem to handle a high amount of torque once the shifts are firmed up. bty the ion four speed auto can handle max 520nm although the torque reduction nobbles a lot of that from idle with wot.
Nizpro Member 89 Member For: 20y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 06/12/05 06:13 AM Posted 06/12/05 06:13 AM Hello Mark, the BF responses very similar to the BA except for a little more torque in off boost conditions and it comes on a little sooner, power levels are also similar. We haven’t done enough BF’s at this stage to believe that peak power is much better than a “good” BA.The ZF6 does run a separate PCM and there should be access to it around March/April 2006 in the mean time I believe it will handle your power upgrade as the 600 nm torque rating is measured as an endurance figure meaning its peak torque load will be quite a bit higher.
asromanut Member 50 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Melbourne Posted 06/12/05 06:40 AM Author Posted 06/12/05 06:40 AM Hello Mark, the BF responses very similar to the BA except for a little more torque in off boost conditions and it comes on a little sooner, power levels are also similar. We haven’t done enough BF’s at this stage to believe that peak power is much better than a “good” BA.The ZF6 does run a separate PCM and there should be access to it around March/April 2006 in the mean time I believe it will handle your power upgrade as the 600 nm torque rating is measured as an endurance figure meaning its peak torque load will be quite a bit higher.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I realise that the peak torque that ZF6 would be able to handle would substantially higher than the 600nm its rated for.. but at what cost? Im looking to have something that is tuned reliably without having to worry that the torque will fry the box.. My dad owns a Jaguar S-type R and it has the same ZF6 speed as the BF does, not sure on it torque output but it has 300fwkw. Does anyone have any info reagarding the reliability of the ZF6 because alot of euro cars have this same auto and deal with much higher torque and power loadingsreagards Mark
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/12/05 11:07 PM Posted 06/12/05 11:07 PM Dude, you're just gonna have to wait for the info you're after. I'd certainly wait until some tuning houses have played with the ZF6 box, rather than offer yours to someone to experiment with.Nizpro are right on top of BA/BF Edits etc as are others. Keep your ear to the ground, but no one knows just yet. You can bet they won't keep quiet about it when they do.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now