rapid_ford Member 47 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Location: Adelaide SA Posted 28/11/05 02:22 AM Posted 28/11/05 02:22 AM Hello To Everyone!Just thought I would post & say hello to you all. I have been lurking on here for a while, researching my new purchase. Now that I have made a decision on a car thought it might be time I became a member.I have purchased a Run Out XR Turbo in Rapid with a 6 speed Manual & the premium sound package. Can't wait to pick up later this week!Im currently working out the forum. I am going to do a search on- running in procedures- what type of oil ford uses on services- first oil change time frame @ 1500km rather 3000kmLook forward to your advise on all topics relating FORD & XR TURBOSCheers Leigh
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 28/11/05 02:26 AM Posted 28/11/05 02:26 AM Welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy the xr6 turbo.Ian.ps watch out for ken24t.
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Location: leonay Posted 28/11/05 02:44 AM Posted 28/11/05 02:44 AM and
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 8d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 28/11/05 03:03 AM Posted 28/11/05 03:03 AM Welcome and enjoy
rapid_ford Member 47 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Location: Adelaide SA Posted 28/11/05 03:09 AM Author Posted 28/11/05 03:09 AM Thanks Goldie!Interseted to know if anyone changed there oil before the First Service.Did you find anything in the oil? Metal shavings? Do Ford run Mobil 1 straight fom the get go?Am I being a little paranoid but Ford service intervals seem very long for a factory turbo car?Am planning on using Ford for warranty issues only.Cheers Leigh
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 8d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 28/11/05 03:14 AM Posted 28/11/05 03:14 AM Ford dont use a fully synthetic in the turbo's I usually change my own... 1500km for the first (semi synthetic)Then every 8000km maximum after, castrol full synth. - .
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 23d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 28/11/05 03:18 AM Posted 28/11/05 03:18 AM Hey There Rapid FordWelcome to the Obsession!!! shazzy
teeg Member 372 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Location: SA Posted 28/11/05 04:08 AM Posted 28/11/05 04:08 AM Welcome fellow Adelaidian, which side of town you live on?
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 28/11/05 04:20 AM Posted 28/11/05 04:20 AM Good to see you pick the best colour of the range Plenty of stuff on those topics, you could spend hours reading through old posts. but Its more fun to make new threads on old topics. there are plenty of members on here that will steer you in the right direction now to go find my flame proof suit.By the way Welcome.
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 21d Location: Mexico Posted 28/11/05 05:34 AM Posted 28/11/05 05:34 AM Welcome.There is a great thread on the forum about running in. Bugged if I can find it in a search. Keep looking. Oil - I changed at 1000kms
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now