sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 22d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 23/10/05 10:29 PM Posted 23/10/05 10:29 PM I finally got my s$%t together and bought the flash tuner from Power Torque Engines at Brendale in Brizzy. So far I am more impressed with the 8psi tune, feels stronger and everything works. But on the 10psi it tends to feel a lot more slugish lower mid rev range and also my air cond does not work! At first I thought it had just s$&t itself and was prepared to take it back to Ford but no it was something in the tune as with the factory and 8psi all is fine. Has anyone had any similar symtoms to this? Should I ship the Flash unit down to CAPA and get them to check it out and make sure it has all the latest tunes/software on it? CAPA, is that the best thing to do before I get a custom tune? I think I will give them a cal today.Mick
Guest Guests Posted 23/10/05 10:38 PM Posted 23/10/05 10:38 PM I finally got my s$%t together and bought the flash tuner from Power Torque Engines at Brendale in Brizzy. So far I am more impressed with the 8psi tune, feels stronger and everything works. But on the 10psi it tends to feel a lot more slugish lower mid rev range and also my air cond does not work! At first I thought it had just s$&t itself and was prepared to take it back to Ford but no it was something in the tune as with the factory and 8psi all is fine. Has anyone had any similar symtoms to this? Should I ship the Flash unit down to CAPA and get them to check it out and make sure it has all the latest tunes/software on it? CAPA, is that the best thing to do before I get a custom tune? I think I will give them a cal today.Mick<{POST_SNAPBACK}>try flash it back in first and see if it does it again if not great if so see if after half an hour or so the air comes to life?seen it twice in qld? sixrt + turtle33
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/10/05 11:05 PM Posted 23/10/05 11:05 PM I've read somewhere before that someone had the same problem with their air-con not working.Have you tried re-flashing it?
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 13d Posted 23/10/05 11:07 PM Posted 23/10/05 11:07 PM I finally got my s$%t together and bought the flash tuner from Power Torque Engines at Brendale in Brizzy. So far I am more impressed with the 8psi tune, feels stronger and everything works. But on the 10psi it tends to feel a lot more slugish lower mid rev range and also my air cond does not work! At first I thought it had just s$&t itself and was prepared to take it back to Ford but no it was something in the tune as with the factory and 8psi all is fine. Has anyone had any similar symtoms to this? Should I ship the Flash unit down to CAPA and get them to check it out and make sure it has all the latest tunes/software on it? CAPA, is that the best thing to do before I get a custom tune? I think I will give them a cal today.Micktry flash it back in first and see if it does it again if not great if so see if after half an hour or so the air comes to life?seen it twice in qld? sixrt + turtle33I had this once when flashing in a particular map. All was OK the next time I flashed the same map back in.Try the 10PSI map again before sending the flashbox back to CAPA.
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 22d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 23/10/05 11:36 PM Author Posted 23/10/05 11:36 PM Cool, Thanks for the info. I will try and flash the 10psi in tonight and run it tomorrow and see what happens. And I will get a wog tune when he is next up in sunny Qld!I will see how it goes.Thanks again guys.Mick
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 21d Posted 24/10/05 02:57 AM Posted 24/10/05 02:57 AM I noticed the same type of power delivery onthe 10 psi program though the car was missing under full load so I guess spark plu regapping will be necessary
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Location: North Brisbane Posted 24/10/05 03:11 AM Posted 24/10/05 03:11 AM I have flashed a number of maps into my car over the last little while and this happened to me once. It took a few minutes, shut the car off, restart and it came good.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/10/05 04:02 AM Posted 24/10/05 04:02 AM Also had the A/C cut out on me sometimes with the Edit.Was told by someone to flash it with the AC off.It will be the Edit causing it by some means or other.Alan
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 22d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 24/10/05 10:04 PM Author Posted 24/10/05 10:04 PM Ok, a quick update. I re-flashed last night, and unfortunately did not get to test it untill this morning due to storms but......... What a difference, the AC is working on the 10psi tune and it feels like a completely different tune compared to what I first experienced.All I can say is WOW, now that is what I was expecting it to feel like.Talk about bank for your buck!Mick
Johnny G Team Grandpa Qualified Legacy Donating Member 809 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North. Posted 24/10/05 11:35 PM Posted 24/10/05 11:35 PM Good on yer Mick!Had the weird A/C issue with mine once only just after the flash.... refused to work for a day, no rhyme or reason. If I remember rightly the left hander off Dayboro road onto Eatons Crossing Road at 45 degrees cured the issue. Novel. Hasn't missed a beat since. (PTE suggested same as Alan - only flash with everything turned off so there's no power variation in line during transfer). Mind you - am running the 8lb now routinely due to the standard valve springs not handling the 10 too well. Getting mine done in Nov at PTE. Couple of the other guys have had them done..... presume all is ok with the new ones??? Feedback from anyone - might be on Mick's list soon as well......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now