jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 26/10/05 08:50 AM Posted 26/10/05 08:50 AM See if you could pick up a second hand unichip from somewhere. I've had both, unichip and edit. My experiences:With the unichip I experienced 0 problems whatsovever.With the edit, my car regularly stalls, there is a constant annoying ticking noise at idle, and the car feels barely quicker, if at all. Not to mention I have been having problems with the cruise control since I got it, and the after going back to the company 3-4 times they still didn't fix anything or setup the launch control as requested.Ooh! you'll get tuna all hot saying things like that.I've had nothing but from mine and I'm sick of getting abused when I query the faults.Anybody who wants an EDIT can have it for mine for $625you talking about your rooted turbo?? you think the edit did it??what other problems has the edit caused you?? pm me if you dont want to post here... am interested to hear as I have not 1 fault with mine ATM.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Toowoomba Posted 26/10/05 04:22 PM Posted 26/10/05 04:22 PM I have a unichip, and mines been running a 300rwkw tune for ages and I have had not one problem with it.I wont be changing it to EDIT as it works for me. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Werd.Dazza.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/10/05 07:47 AM Author Posted 27/10/05 07:47 AM Guys I got the powerchip, I know you guys warned against it, but it was a present from my brother who is mates with one of the owners from powerchip. Drove it back from Melbourne to Brisbane, the last two days. Very crisp and very Tourque. I have to say I love it. Will have to get of my ass and dyno it so I know th power I have. In short I love it, and for the guys who arent after massive power, to me it appears to be a good option.Listen guys this company has gotten a pretty rough time in this forum, and so far it does not appear to be deserved.Lets hope I dont have to eat my words.Enjoy the driving guys, because my ride just got better.Scotty
corpex Member 113 Member For: 21y 9m 5d Location: Melbourne Posted 27/10/05 07:58 AM Posted 27/10/05 07:58 AM that's good to hear, I'm glad you feel it's a good product, just another option for me to consider aswell.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 27/10/05 07:59 AM Posted 27/10/05 07:59 AM Guys I got the powerchip, I know you guys warned against it, but it was a present from my brother who is mates with one of the owners from powerchip. Drove it back from Melbourne to Brisbane, the last two days. Very crisp and very Tourque. I have to say I love it. Will have to get of my ass and dyno it so I know th power I have. In short I love it, and for the guys who arent after massive power, to me it appears to be a good option.Listen guys this company has gotten a pretty rough time in this forum, and so far it does not appear to be deserved.Lets hope I dont have to eat my words.Enjoy the driving guys, because my ride just got better.Scottycongrats on the new found power wont be long and you will be after more it is that addictive
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Toowoomba Posted 28/10/05 02:54 AM Posted 28/10/05 02:54 AM Guys I got the powerchip, I know you guys warned against it, but it was a present from my brother who is mates with one of the owners from powerchip. Drove it back from Melbourne to Brisbane, the last two days. Very crisp and very Tourque. I have to say I love it. Will have to get of my ass and dyno it so I know th power I have. In short I love it, and for the guys who arent after massive power, to me it appears to be a good option.Listen guys this company has gotten a pretty rough time in this forum, and so far it does not appear to be deserved.Lets hope I dont have to eat my words.Enjoy the driving guys, because my ride just got better.Scotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get the AFR checked also when you have it dynoed, do you know now if this chip can hold a custom tune or not?Dazza.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/10/05 05:03 AM Posted 28/10/05 05:03 AM I don't think Kimberley has the box. Powerchip don't give you the flasher box to keep, even if you buy the product retail. The website says:The complete installation kit is supplied on load(sic) for installation, and can be delivered... etc etcI think they mean "on loan".Kimberley got a good deal regardless, with a free tune flashed in, designed for a stock car.Good work
800STA Member 36 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Posted 28/10/05 05:29 AM Posted 28/10/05 05:29 AM Finally found out what I am getting. It is Gold 98 powerchip from www.powerchip.com.au.Kindly organised by my brother for my birthday.Cant wait will let you all now how it goes.Now where were those brake upgrades?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Save your cash and dont buy it!I dont think anyone on this forum uses a Power Chip . Have a look at an Edit or a piggy like Xede as toy can tune these to your car.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Guys....I am looking to change from my Xede piggyback to an Edit on my new Bf....If anyone's interested in grabbing the Xede, send me a PM....800STA
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/10/05 08:25 AM Author Posted 31/10/05 08:25 AM After 3000km with the powerchip, in all conditions, including a real hard run in the mountains, which saw the fuel usage of 99.9lt per hundred km, throughout the rev range and gears. I have to say I love it. It has run fautlessly. Even my mate from the dark side in an edited V8 Calais drove it and loved it.Will update after a dyno.Scotty
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 31/10/05 08:39 AM Posted 31/10/05 08:39 AM After 3000km with the powerchip, in all conditions, including a real hard run in the mountains, which saw the fuel usage of 99.9lt per hundred km, throughout the rev range and gears. I have to say I love it. It has run fautlessly. Even my mate from the dark side in an edited V8 Calais drove it and loved it.Will update after a dyno.Scotty99.9 litres per 100
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now