Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 11/10/05 12:28 AM Posted 11/10/05 12:28 AM So I take it we will never see the two of you race head to head?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will race Spiro head to head in a DYO time anytime he wants
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 9d Posted 11/10/05 12:33 AM Posted 11/10/05 12:33 AM Thought you had retired from racing???
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 11/10/05 12:48 AM Posted 11/10/05 12:48 AM (edited) What does that mean DYO?Is that when eg one car normally does a 10.2 and another a 9.9 that the lights send you off seperately?Also - what do you think circuit racing slicks would be like for drag racing?I was thinking of trying this drag racing lark out once in the Cobra just to see what all the fuss is about. Edited 11/10/05 12:50 AM by cobrav8
Guest hank Guests Posted 11/10/05 01:14 AM Posted 11/10/05 01:14 AM So I take it we will never see the two of you race head to head?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will race Spiro head to head in a DYO time anytime he wants<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, the gauntlet HAS been thrown down.Spiro, you've been challenged to a race. I trust you accept?Please post details of where and when, as there will be many of us who will definately come along to watch.... Let the race begin!!!!
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 9d Posted 11/10/05 01:28 AM Posted 11/10/05 01:28 AM Yeah I'm sure I can round up a few south ozzies to come ova and watch that!!!RACE RACE RACE...
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Location: Toowoomba Posted 11/10/05 02:57 AM Posted 11/10/05 02:57 AM What does that mean DYO?Is that when eg one car normally does a 10.2 and another a 9.9 that the lights send you off seperately?Also - what do you think circuit racing slicks would be like for drag racing?I was thinking of trying this drag racing lark out once in the Cobra just to see what all the fuss is about.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's correct mate, DYO stands for "dial your own" designed so that different powered cars can run competitivley in the same bracket.Your circuit slicks wouldnt be as ideal for drag racing as drag slicks would be, but they would be better than street tyres, just need a big burnout.Dazza.
Space Ace Member 446 Member For: 21y 8m 9d Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 11/10/05 03:08 AM Posted 11/10/05 03:08 AM Yeah I'm sure I can round up a few south ozzies to come ova and watch that!!!RACE RACE RACE...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>RACE, RACE, RACE...
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 11/10/05 03:18 AM Posted 11/10/05 03:18 AM What does that mean DYO?Is that when eg one car normally does a 10.2 and another a 9.9 that the lights send you off seperately?Also - what do you think circuit racing slicks would be like for drag racing?I was thinking of trying this drag racing lark out once in the Cobra just to see what all the fuss is about.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's correct mate, DYO stands for "dial your own" designed so that different powered cars can run competitivley in the same bracket.Your circuit slicks wouldnt be as ideal for drag racing as drag slicks would be, but they would be better than street tyres, just need a big burnout.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that Dazza - not up on the drag racing terms. I would rather see them race equally - and see who is the fastest - so far it is Aarh6turbo - and we have Spiro attacking with more power - but yet to be faster.As for the burnout - shouldn't be an issue - that is one thing that can be done with a big block Cobra without trying! (though the slicks are bloody expensive).Any time estimates for a Big Block Chev, Hillborn Injected, Manual,650-700hp ish 1,000kg Cobra running on circuit slicks? (and although I have circuit raced for years, never drag raced, so may be a bit slower off the mark).
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Location: Toowoomba Posted 11/10/05 03:23 AM Posted 11/10/05 03:23 AM I will take a punt, depending on launch low to mid 10.Dazza.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 11/10/05 03:33 AM Posted 11/10/05 03:33 AM Sounds like a challenge to do then - maybe look in the longer term to beat these XR6 Turbos then!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now