benmwhite Legacy Donating Member 143 Member For: 22y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 24/10/05 11:10 AM Posted 24/10/05 11:10 AM Avoid Falkens.whyThey're crap?They smoke good though! And seem to be lasting OK too! Should have elaborated a little more, the Falkens I have wrapped around my 18s are perfectly fine when stationery... move the car, particularly around twisty stuff and the bastards forget the idea of grip... worse still it's the front end that looses it... I run them at 42psi so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be good...Wet weather driving is a different story altogether... Which Falkens?? - I'm running the FK451's and I reckon theyre great The 326's and 115's are much cheaper but arent much good according to the tyre guys I use....???How can they be great? They arn't even as good as the standard dunlops, and they are completely sh*t.According to who?? - Sorry dont agree m8....
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/10/05 11:19 AM Posted 24/10/05 11:19 AM <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have about 1/2 that tread depth and the tyres are 24,000kms old. I will just make it to 30K I think, that's ignoring the big cracks across the face of them and splits in the shoulder blocks. Terrible tyre, very noisey and not enough grip.I think it has a lot to do with the 2000kg they have to hold up and the 400HP at the fly.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you read the thread on the forum where a member took his car in for the 30,000 service and came out with 4 new tyres. The cracking is a known fault and tyres are replaced under warranty.Colin<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Or the guy that got so pissed off after 6 dunlops split he told dunlop off and got them to buy him some Michelin's
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 24/10/05 12:52 PM Posted 24/10/05 12:52 PM and according to me these are possibly the worst tyre I have ever brought, not even 500ks on them and gunna replace em.
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 24/10/05 01:12 PM Posted 24/10/05 01:12 PM Avoid Falkens.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>why<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They're crap?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They smoke good though! And seem to be lasting OK too! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Should have elaborated a little more, the Falkens I have wrapped around my 18s are perfectly fine when stationery... move the car, particularly around twisty stuff and the bastards forget the idea of grip... worse still it's the front end that looses it... I run them at 42psi so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be good...Wet weather driving is a different story altogether... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Which Falkens?? - I'm running the FK451's and I reckon theyre great The 326's and 115's are much cheaper but arent much good according to the tyre guys I use....???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the 326s... never again will I pay $1000 for 4 corners... there is a reason they are cheap...
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 24/10/05 01:16 PM Posted 24/10/05 01:16 PM and according to me these are possibly the worst tyre I have ever brought, not even 500ks on them and gunna replace em.Yep, 326's are shockers! Slippery in the wet, not inspiring at all. And that was in Dad's car with 200kg and 30kw less...Replaced by Goodyear F1's within 1000km! Lumpy
benmwhite Legacy Donating Member 143 Member For: 22y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 24/10/05 11:35 PM Posted 24/10/05 11:35 PM :confused: - not sure if we're all talking about the same tyre here but anyway... I agree that the 326's and 115s are not a good tyre. I am happy with my 451's - maybe others havent had such a good run though by the sounds of things??? BTW I came across an intersting test comparison - hope its not a repost?? test_spa_0403_enen.pdf452's have been released in Europe... http://www.falken-europe.de/enen/content_p...news_enen.shtml ... will be intersting to see how these go...
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 8d Posted 29/10/05 08:35 PM Posted 29/10/05 08:35 PM I was surprised at the Melb AME show yesterday that Aussie Car Enhancements were selling Wanli tyres.Wanli at $139ea for 17".I know we are a bit sceptical about the Korean, Chinese, Thai imports but, perhaps they have had good experiance with Wanli tyres.Anyway just a thought,ColinJust found this in another forum from ACE.We currently have some WANLI tyres available in various sizes. Here are just some examples.235/45ZR17 S-1099 $139.00ea Fitted & Balanced235/40ZR18 S-1099 $179.00ea Fitted & Balanced245/40ZR18 S-1099 $189.00ea Fitted & Balanced245/35ZR19 S-1099 $239.00ea Fitted & BalancedWe have these tyres on our own XR8 ute and have found them to be quite good value for money.
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 30/10/05 12:39 AM Posted 30/10/05 12:39 AM Just brought a set of Dunlop Direzza 17's. Does anyone know if they're a good tyre? Aaron
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/10/05 11:01 AM Posted 30/10/05 11:01 AM Not even a performance tyre mate...
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 30/10/05 11:14 AM Posted 30/10/05 11:14 AM OH bugger, still got a great deal. Paid only $650 for a set. deal or no deal.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now