Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Long Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 11d
  • Location: Canberra, ACT
Posted
My XR8 had 34k's on it and half a highway in microscopic spots all over her, so much for pre-delivery detailing! Check your paintwork.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats an XR8 ???????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some old thingy I think? Something to do with 8 cylinders in a V? I don't understand, I thought 6 with a snail was the only way to go? :msm:

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d
Posted

I would not buy any car that has been a demo or test driven by others.

The day I first went for a drive in a XR6T and then an XR8 the salesman said go ahead push it hard to see what it can do. He couldn't care less he wasn't going to buy it. They both had less than 50klm. So much for thought toward running them in.

I think he was a surprised that I said I would drive this car the same way I would be driving it if I purchsed a Ford , and that is not to give it a thrashing. I wanted to feel how it drove how I would be driving it.

Not having a go at anyone but I'm not surprised at the post by IH8PORK saying had 200 klm's to start and a new motor at 3000 klms.

Colin

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Maybe I am different, But that reassures me my car has been run in well

Thanx Col.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 25d
Posted

I picked up mine with 7kms. edit at 150kms... run it in hard dude. I've just clocked up 3000 trouble free kms sent it in for 1st free service then straight to the workshop fitting all my mods, just waiting on a custom tune so I can drive the thing again with the bigger injectors and much bigger power output

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted
My XR8 had 34k's on it and half a highway in microscopic spots all over her, so much for pre-delivery detailing! Check your paintwork.

Whats an XR8 ???????

Some old thingy I think? Something to do with 8 cylinders in a V? I don't understand, I thought 6 with a snail was the only way to go? :msm:

So... What is it .. Like a car or something???

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 17d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted
My XR8 had 34k's on it and half a highway in microscopic spots all over her, so much for pre-delivery detailing! Check your paintwork.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats an XR8 ???????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some old thingy I think? Something to do with 8 cylinders in a V? I don't understand, I thought 6 with a snail was the only way to go? :msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So... What is it .. Like a car or something???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:pinch::pinch:

I think they use them to tow caravans

shazzy

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted
My XR8 had 34k's on it and half a highway in microscopic spots all over her, so much for pre-delivery detailing! Check your paintwork.

Whats an XR8 ???????

Some old thingy I think? Something to do with 8 cylinders in a V? I don't understand, I thought 6 with a snail was the only way to go? :msm:

So... What is it .. Like a car or something???

:pinch::pinch:

I think they use them to tow caravans

shazzy

Ahhh..

Ok,

like a tractor???

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

Kinda Blonk....but a bit louder, heavier and slower!

Lumpy :pinch:

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted
Kinda Blonk....but a bit louder, heavier and slower!

Lumpy :pinch:

:msm::msm::spit::spit:

:pinch::msm::msm:

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 17d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted
Kinda Blonk....but a bit louder, heavier and slower!

Lumpy :pinch:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:msm::msm::spit:

:pinch::msm::msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is it as fast as a David Brown?? :spit:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...