DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/09/05 09:50 PM Posted 13/09/05 09:50 PM Hi guysMy T is getting close to it's 15,000klm service and I have some warrasnty issues to get fixed.I bought the car at Ettheridge Ford in Melbourne eastern suburbs. Thay have a nice workshop but I didn't get exactly what I hoped for when I went in for 3,000klm service.Which dealer can you recommened that will look after my T - no probs? - especially for warranty work.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 13/09/05 10:53 PM Posted 13/09/05 10:53 PM Hi guysMy T is getting close to it's 15,000klm service and I have some warrasnty issues to get fixed.I bought the car at Ettheridge Ford in Melbourne eastern suburbs. Thay have a nice workshop but I didn't get exactly what I hoped for when I went in for 3,000klm service.Which dealer can you recommened that will look after my T - no probs? - especially for warranty work.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would take to HPF in Dandenong they charge $150 and do a far better job in what The Ford Monkeys will do
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/09/05 11:36 PM Posted 13/09/05 11:36 PM Amen to the Ford Monkeys comment.You might consider taking it back to Etheridge Ford, and making mention of the fact that you were unsatisfied with the 3k service. From what I hear, some dealers just tighten a few screws, and kick you out the door on the 3k. A mate actualy had to argue to get an oil change on his n/a XR.
corpex Member 113 Member For: 21y 9m 17d Location: Melbourne Posted 14/09/05 02:29 AM Posted 14/09/05 02:29 AM They do an oil change at 3K??, man I got ripped badly.
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/09/05 03:27 AM Posted 14/09/05 03:27 AM They do an oil change at 3K??, man I got ripped badly. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You have to pay for the oil change..I was advised its a good idea to do the oil change when I took mine in for the 3000km service (took mine in at 1500kms as I was doing a 2000km road trip).When my 15,000km service comes up, ill be taking mine into HPF for service + tune..
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/09/05 06:43 AM Posted 14/09/05 06:43 AM mmmmm tune.....Yeah, the dude I referred to did have to pay for his 3k oil and filter change. The reason he had to argue, was that the service dude insisted it wasnt necessary, and wasn't going to do it. Period.Dude said he wanted it done anyway, period, to remove any impurities and wot not that had transfered to the oil during run-in period etc.I can see where he's coming from and will do the same with any new car from now on I reckon. To my mind, an early oil/filter change will remove any tiny metal bits/shavings/pistons or other, that may or may not work their way into the oil after manufacture ie during run in etc. At worst it'll only cost a few more $ initially.As for servicing etc, I'm a big fan of specialist workshops doing the job too. Ford will get my business, but only for warranty jobs etc, and for so called factory "updates".I wish there was a website where I could check up on the service status of my car. You know, to see if there are any "service bulletins" that apply to my model.Then again, I AM a member here
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 19d Location: Melbourne Posted 14/09/05 07:50 AM Posted 14/09/05 07:50 AM I did my first oil change at 7,500 k`s, I guess I felt a bit safer doing it that late because I didn`t go through the drive it like you stole it mentality but I recall when I drained the oil the first time there was lots off metal in it.So definately if you are going to drive it like you stole it change oil at 3k. Ps at least if you change the oil,yourself you can see the condition and at the next oil change you can see that is less or no metal floating around.
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Location: Melbourne Posted 14/09/05 08:04 AM Posted 14/09/05 08:04 AM I have had very good experience with President Ford in Elsternwick. Speak to Peter or any of the guys in service - they all seem pretty good to me. Never had any complaints. They have not always gotten everything fixed the first time, but they have always gotten it fixed, and seem to have done it right. HPF is also a great option for your regular servicing and will be cheaper than your Ford dealer - but they obviously will not be able to address any Ford warranty issues. Good Luck.PS I also changed the oil at 3000kms to Mobil 1, which I have run ever since (at my cost!) Cheers,Ben.
Gordo Member 3 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Posted 15/09/05 12:23 AM Posted 15/09/05 12:23 AM I have had very good experience with President Ford in Elsternwick. Speak to Peter or any of the guys in service - they all seem pretty good to me. Never had any complaints. They have not always gotten everything fixed the first time, but they have always gotten it fixed, and seem to have done it right. HPF is also a great option for your regular servicing and will be cheaper than your Ford dealer - but they obviously will not be able to address any Ford warranty issues. Good Luck.PS I also changed the oil at 3000kms to Mobil 1, which I have run ever since (at my cost!) Cheers,Ben.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gday All,recently had to find a dealer in Melbourne for my T's 30,000 km service, as I've only just moved here. As I drive around a bit for work, I was able to suss out several dealers across the north east to south west. Eventually I went to Strapp Ford at Doncaster. I had a list of warranty items 2 pages long, and Andrew, the service team leader didn't bat an eyelid, and was able to give reasonable explanations for most of the problems I needed fixed. He admitted what he said were "known BA issues" (surging/ uneven idle, brake shudders, rear disc brake scrapping, etc), and didn't sound or feel like he was BSing me. I got the car serviced there, and am very happy. They even found a couple of things I hadn't been aware of. Car feels stacks better, drives more smoothly. Just my 2 cents worth.cheersGordo2003 T bog stock (white, SSS, 17's, no tint, no stickers, no aerials, for now ...)
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/09/05 08:42 AM Author Posted 24/09/05 08:42 AM I have had very good experience with President Ford in Elsternwick. Speak to Peter or any of the guys in service - they all seem pretty good to me. Never had any complaints. They have not always gotten everything fixed the first time, but they have always gotten it fixed, and seem to have done it right. HPF is also a great option for your regular servicing and will be cheaper than your Ford dealer - but they obviously will not be able to address any Ford warranty issues. Good Luck.PS I also changed the oil at 3000kms to Mobil 1, which I have run ever since (at my cost!) Cheers,Ben.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gday All,recently had to find a dealer in Melbourne for my T's 30,000 km service, as I've only just moved here. As I drive around a bit for work, I was able to suss out several dealers across the north east to south west. Eventually I went to Strapp Ford at Doncaster. I had a list of warranty items 2 pages long, and Andrew, the service team leader didn't bat an eyelid, and was able to give reasonable explanations for most of the problems I needed fixed. He admitted what he said were "known BA issues" (surging/ uneven idle, brake shudders, rear disc brake scrapping, etc), and didn't sound or feel like he was BSing me. I got the car serviced there, and am very happy. They even found a couple of things I hadn't been aware of. Car feels stacks better, drives more smoothly. Just my 2 cents worth.cheersGordo2003 T bog stock (white, SSS, 17's, no tint, no stickers, no aerials, for now ...)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey gordoOn the strength of that, it's Strapp Ford - I'll give them a go and will try to speak with Andrew. DaKing
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now