xlnt6 Legacy Donating Member 350 Member For: 22y 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 17/07/05 03:37 AM Posted 17/07/05 03:37 AM Hi All,I've decided to get hold off some sticker rubber for a bit of a blast at Calder, and was wondering what recommendations people can provide.I've got a set of 17 x 9 inch rims which fit the car, and was wondering what is available to suit ?Also can anyone recommend anywhere to purchase them at good pricing (in Melbourne). Even better would be some second hand (but obviously still good) tyres ? This is a bit of a "weekend" thing so I don't want to go overboard in expense.I tried using my street rubber (K104's in 275/35/19) deflated to about 21 psi, and found they were hopeless.CheersRobin.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 17/07/05 03:46 AM Posted 17/07/05 03:46 AM I don't think you'll get slicks in that size. I'd recommend MT ET Streets. They come in 275/40/17 and are what most of the guys are using. Have a chat to Simon and see if you can borrow his. Geea.
xlnt6 Legacy Donating Member 350 Member For: 22y 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 17/07/05 04:10 AM Author Posted 17/07/05 04:10 AM I don't think you'll get slicks in that size. I'd recommend MT ET Streets. They come in 275/40/17 and are what most of the guys are using. Have a chat to Simon and see if you can borrow his.Geea.What size are you referring to, when you say they won't come in that size ? The rims I have for them are 17 inch x 9 inch. I would have though they would be ideal for the 275/40/17 you mention ?Wrt: MT ET StreetsCan you tell me where you got them and how much ?Robin.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/07/05 04:30 AM Posted 17/07/05 04:30 AM I think Craig means you won't find a genuine drag slick in a 17 inch rim as the usually go upto 15 inch and rarely in 16 inch. From memory Craig the lucky bugger got his second hand from Nathan Higgins at a very handy price.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/07/05 05:31 AM Posted 17/07/05 05:31 AM I've priced the MT's at $320 each.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/07/05 06:21 AM Posted 17/07/05 06:21 AM 16's or 17's Adam?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/07/05 06:55 AM Posted 17/07/05 06:55 AM 17"<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What size exactly and where from? Is 285 the price for everyone?
Goldbullet Member 883 Member For: 21y 6m 14d Location: Frankston Posted 17/07/05 07:28 AM Posted 17/07/05 07:28 AM 17"<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What size exactly and where from? Is 285 the price for everyone?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>$320 From AutoBarn in Epping ask for Steve tell him you were talking to me
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now