bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 6d Location: Canberra Posted 18/07/05 04:18 AM Posted 18/07/05 04:18 AM If I was gonna do it, I'd probably go red. I think the blue is what the Ford premo brakes come in, red is the aftermarket PBR brake upgrade, as well as the even more upmarket Brembo package that comes with the FPV'S?
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 18/07/05 05:34 AM Posted 18/07/05 05:34 AM Looks great! Maybe a silly question but would you normally paint these whilst on the car or are you better off removing them all together? What colour would look best on a black car?? The same Blue as Cikas or Red?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>mate try yellow. geea has yellow calipers on his T and I reakon it looks tops. Ask him to post a few pics side on so u can get an idea
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m 3d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 18/07/05 10:47 AM Author Posted 18/07/05 10:47 AM Yup, gotta agree with the others, top looking job you did there cikas, well done mate! What did you do to prepare the calipers for painting, use to shield off the rest of the area, etc?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Once the wheel was off just used a scouring pad with some warm soapy water..Mine werent too bad once the dust cover was off..Then went through 2 Sunday times to cover all round the areas And Used the 3m masking tapeGotta be careful of oversprayI did 3 coats on each caliper.. Allowing about 15 min between each coat..cikas
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 18/07/05 01:51 PM Posted 18/07/05 01:51 PM I wonder what colour would go with a yellow T I.e. 'rapid' Yellow on yellow would be interesting.....Then again, I have no taste, ask my wife.Luckily taste prevailed with rapid, let's face it, it is THE xr colour. Yellow/red brakes......Yellow/blue brakes......hmmmm....
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 18/07/05 02:08 PM Posted 18/07/05 02:08 PM I wonder what colour would go with a yellow TYellow/red brakes......<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guest Guests Posted 18/07/05 10:06 PM Posted 18/07/05 10:06 PM Ive been thinking of painting my brakes for some time now, and these photos have pushed me into gear, thanks guys I now have a mission this week end.
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m 3d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 19/07/05 09:52 AM Author Posted 19/07/05 09:52 AM Ive been thinking of painting my brakes for some time now, and these photos have pushed me into gear, thanks guys I now have a mission this week end. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sweet mate.. Your gonna have to post some pic's up when ya done cikas
xrchris Member 30 Member For: 22y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 19/07/05 12:14 PM Posted 19/07/05 12:14 PM Dude that looks awesome! I think ill do mine red this weekend!
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 7d Posted 19/07/05 01:01 PM Posted 19/07/05 01:01 PM I thought I read somewhere there was a problem if you left the dust covers off. That once the wheel is placed back on and studs tightened the clearance was such that the wheel became stuck on.
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m 3d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 20/07/05 10:18 AM Author Posted 20/07/05 10:18 AM Yeah it has been brought up on older threads . The threads's ive read they have all said that there is no danger with taking the dust cover off.. Plus I know guys who have had there of for ages and havent had any dramas..Ill be definalty taking mine off if I ever get bigger wheels and upgrade my rotors .cikas
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now