Wilkis Inactive Members 1 Member For: 21y 2m 12d Posted 16/07/05 01:40 AM Posted 16/07/05 01:40 AM In the Sunday Telegraph on 24 th April 2005 there was an article discussing XR6 Turbo boost being decreased at the time of service. Has anyone got any details on any of this ?
Aeron Member 194 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Location: Sydney Posted 16/07/05 01:51 AM Posted 16/07/05 01:51 AM Ford reflash the computer to stop the over boost problem. Some cars have had a spike of up to 9 or 10 PSI, so Ford have a reflash to stop it from doing that. The over boosting doesn’t last long, its just a spike, but will produce more power until the boost is brought back to normal. When the boost doesn't spike, the PSI is correct. They haven't decreased the boost, they just stop it from spiking. So they aren't decreasing the boost that you would be using 99% of the time when driving, they are just stopping the over boost that you could have from time to time. I've had mine reflashed and it feels better than ever. Very very smooth now.
shanoplata Member 19 Member For: 13y 3m 26d Posted 04/06/13 01:16 PM Posted 04/06/13 01:16 PM I have an 04 XR6 turbo ute which I believe is overboosting and under heavy acceleration it feels like it hits an early rev limiter so I pull off the accelerator. I believe this has come about worse after fitting a 3.5" exhaust turbo-back. Would a tune, injectors and actuator fix this?
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y Gender: Male Posted 04/06/13 02:48 PM Posted 04/06/13 02:48 PM Turbo back exhaust without a tune, there's your problem. If you want your motor to last then I suggest either not hitting boost at all or see a tuner. Mine over boosted from 8 to 14 psi just swapping the rear muffler
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/06/13 03:00 PM Posted 04/06/13 03:00 PM U need a choon asap
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 04/06/13 07:43 PM Posted 04/06/13 07:43 PM (edited) Get tune done but J@tTune.. Hear his making a name for himself. Edited 04/06/13 07:43 PM by WOGPOT
aza_w64 Member 46 Member For: 13y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Dandenong Posted 04/06/13 09:20 PM Posted 04/06/13 09:20 PM You guys don't sleep? Aha..
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y Gender: Male Posted 05/06/13 02:08 AM Posted 05/06/13 02:08 AM We do. Wogpot doesn't
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 05/06/13 02:58 AM Posted 05/06/13 02:58 AM Yeah I don't.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now