eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/06/05 03:50 PM Posted 22/06/05 03:50 PM Well as the topic heading says. I drove the Ford GT (yes the supercar )A friend of mines uncle bought it from a friend of his who is pretty high up within FoMoCo USA. He wouldnt tell me how much he bought it for all he would say was "Lets just say it was a great deal" which leads me to believe the lucky bugger got it on the cheap. Car is Yellow w/ black stripes and has just over 20,000 miles on the clock. Anyways, he is a great guy mainly because he let me take it out for a short drive. (20 mins or so) Of course he rode shotgun Impressions... Boy does this thing scoot! I never felt it stop pulling no matter what speed I reached (did a 55mph to 140mph pull on long wide highway)... torque, torque and more torque from that blown V8, which by the way sounded very erotic! Unfortunatly Ford felt it needed to add alot of sound proofing to the GT's cabin. So the engine note was muffled a fair bit. Windows down was abt louder but still not as loud as I would of liked. However whenever I stood on it I don't think there was one head that didnt turn oh and boy does this thing brake hard!! This car draws so much attension. More then some Ferrari's I have driven. I didn't get much of a chance to really get a feel for its handling, however I did take one onramp to a highway at speeds that would see me in alot of trouble, felt very well planted to the road and didn't even feel like it was going to start nearing its corner ability anytime soon. The car was also much more comfortible then I expected being such a low car etc. Not much more to write... Awesome car... I'd like to have one in my garage
tongueboy Member 457 Member For: 23y 5m 30d Gender: Male Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW Posted 22/06/05 03:55 PM Posted 22/06/05 03:55 PM ......lucky bustard!
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Location: City Posted 22/06/05 04:08 PM Posted 22/06/05 04:08 PM ditto
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 22/06/05 09:57 PM Posted 22/06/05 09:57 PM ......lucky bustard!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>ditto<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep, what they said.one more thing:
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/06/05 10:04 PM Author Posted 22/06/05 10:04 PM ......lucky bustard!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>ditto<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep, what they said.one more thing:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I only have a few crappy pics from my phone... Here they are...
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 10d Location: leonay Posted 22/06/05 10:38 PM Posted 22/06/05 10:38 PM FORD GT... I have much love.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 2m 30d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 22/06/05 11:00 PM Posted 22/06/05 11:00 PM Yeh, it's ... ok ... I guess? ...... somebody pass me a tissue please ...
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 22/06/05 11:23 PM Posted 22/06/05 11:23 PM that's a much-good thing.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 23/06/05 12:00 AM Posted 23/06/05 12:00 AM ......lucky bustard!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>ditto<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know I know
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 2m 30d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 23/06/05 12:06 AM Posted 23/06/05 12:06 AM that's a much-good thing.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>So the "English as a second language" course is going well then?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now