Dyno Day

Paradoxx

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 19d
Thanks to all for organising the day. I'm quite happy with the power output of the car. Graph attached.

Congrats to Louie (YTRY4) on the power of his F6. That's something to be admired.

One question though, which I assume will be easy to answer by a dyno operator, how does an intake temp of 230 (IT:230) affect power reading? I assume it was just a dyno error.

What??

Hmm, ok we will check on Monday in regards to this.

Spoke to louie and he said it was a wastegate problem he was having hence the large discrepancy between D+T and us.

To be honest, we didn't check the IT for each car , just assumed that plugged into the inlet tract would be right.

Anyways, It was a huge difference compared to the last time we saw the car here for a dyno shootout and Simon from Extreme Ford Tuning should be congratulated for his tuning efforts.

For those that saw the car at the PPCC day, Simon had said the tune in the car was not right but someone's son insisted it was going on the dyno anyway...

Cheers

Ken

PS , Just a quick plug in that we do Edit tuning as well :spoton:

Hey Ken,

Mate I wish I had of had time to catch up with you. The F6 in question that had a waste gate issue a few weeks ago when it was run at a previous shootout you guys held and I asked them not to run it.. Since then the car has been resolved and is runing very strong. Ill come by and catch you guys this week some time :):spoton:

Simon

Edited by GTP-330

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 19y 5m 26d

Quick question on the printouts. For a full-stock XR6T I am looking at the boost line and the max was 5.4 PSI. Is this consistant with other cars on the day. I thought that the max boost was 6 (I assume PSI and not bar) because 5.4 PSI is only ~3.7bar. I know my output of 248.5 HP for an auto was inline with other reading. Great day and nice to know that ford have managed to make most car produce roughly the same output.

Vincent

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 6d

.................I better take my car back to Ford tomorrow to get it checked! My PSI reading was 0 all the way across the graph! :laughing:

:spoton: