xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/05/05 09:20 AM Posted 24/05/05 09:20 AM I dropped the oil in the T today and the oil I have been using is Fuchs titan supersyn 5w50 sl/cf. Ive since found out that fuchs have now changed it to titan supersyn 5w40 sm/cf. Now id prob prefer to have a 50 weight oil but im not sure what I should do. Should I change brands or is that a no no? any suggestions?Shane
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/05/05 10:28 AM Posted 24/05/05 10:28 AM Why are you using a 5W-50 oil?There are many an arm chair expert running around here and have used all sorts of grades before so I'm sure you'll get a big variety of responses. For me I figure that Ford decided the XR6T needed 15W-40 for a reason so I'll stick to that.Good luck with whatever you decide.
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/05/05 10:44 AM Posted 24/05/05 10:44 AM Why are you using a 5W-50 oil?There are many an arm chair expert running around here and have used all sorts of grades before so I'm sure you'll get a big variety of responses. For me I figure that Ford decided the XR6T needed 15W-40 for a reason so I'll stick to that.Good luck with whatever you decide. I agree, Ford have chosen it for a reason.From what I have found, don't go down to a 30 for ANY reason, but up to a 50 or 60 seems OK...but 40 is best for fuel economy..
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/05/05 10:44 AM Author Posted 24/05/05 10:44 AM Yeah I know everyone seems to have there own opinions on which oil to use etc,but I was more interested on what people thought about changing brands or grades, I think ive heard that once your using a particular oil you shouldnt changeThanks anyway Shane
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/05/05 10:51 AM Posted 24/05/05 10:51 AM .....oops!I don't think it would really matter that much though. The real fanataics change their oil viscosity to match the seasons so I wouldn't think it would do too much harm.And what oil are you using Shane, it sounds like number 32 on the local chinese restaurant's menu?Trent.
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/05/05 11:00 AM Author Posted 24/05/05 11:00 AM .....oops!I don't think it would really matter that much though. The real fanataics change their oil viscosity to match the seasons so I wouldn't think it would do too much harm.And what oil are you using Shane, it sounds like number 32 on the local chinese restaurant's menu?Trent.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> it does a bit doesnt it
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/05/05 11:09 AM Posted 24/05/05 11:09 AM I can't see changing brands to be a problem.Another interesting point is that in the Herald Sun's Cars Guide there was a letter from a guy asking what oil to put in his XR6N/A. They contacted Ford, and I'll be stuffed if I can remember what oil they recommended in that letter. But! As a side note they had also asked about the XR6T, and the answer to that I do remember and it was Mobil Super XHP 15W40. They went on to say that Ford don't recommend synthetic oil to be used in the XR6N/A and XR6T.
ubyte Member 108 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Posted 24/05/05 11:40 AM Posted 24/05/05 11:40 AM 15w40 4 the T and 10w30 4 the na are the correct types from memoryI think it also specifys the low-vis type as well. If we take into account brands# redline boys recommend 15w50 for the Thttp://www.redlineoil.com.au/oil-finder.asp#Penzoil seems to be on the money 15w40http://www.penzoil.com.au/?method=lubematch.lubematch# Castrol GTX3 - 15w40http://www.castrol.com/castrol/productdeta...ntentId=6008606# Valvoline Problend 15w-40 or ENGINE ARMOUR 15W-40http://www.valvoline.com.au/products_up.cf...Y&category=FO20Who said oils aint oils!
markxr6t Member 476 Member For: 21y 11m 9d Location: Perth WA Posted 24/05/05 12:18 PM Posted 24/05/05 12:18 PM Check this out - interesting test on oils. http://www.performanceoilnews.com/oils_against_oils.shtmlMark
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now