Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted

Last night I was dropping a friend home about 4:15 on clyde road in berwick when we were stopped at a set of lights. I was stopped behind an AU ute when suddenly there was just a big f*cuking bang from behind which sent me into the arse of the ute in front of me. What has got me stuffed is how the woman who hit me from behind (VT wagon) didnt stop, because I pulled up normal not hard on the brakes and I was stationary for a good 5 seconds. Luckily for the guy in front he had a trayon his ute so he got a scrath about 6 inches long next to his numberplate. The lady who hit me has hardly any damage to her car she could drive it home and I had to tow my car home ona trailer because apparently tow truck isnt covered under insurance or some bull$hit. Unfortunately for me my car will be written off I think. I hope to buy the car back from the insurance company but this has left me without a car :spoton: . Positive thing is no1 was hurt except me car :blink:

post-5739-1116379132_thumb.jpg

post-5739-1116379180_thumb.jpg

post-5739-1116379243_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Oh man so sorry to hear that :spoton: I'm suprised the XE was damaged that bad...should be built like tanks.

Glad you're ok, but since the accident wasn't your fault doesn't that mean that her insurance company has to give you a replacment or a payout?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Bad luck man.

The upside though is any costs incurred for towing your car can be sent to her insurance company as she is at fault :)

You should also get a hire car aswell while yours is being fixed/written off. It all gets costed through her insurance company.

Edited by Bain
  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted

I was surprised at the damage aswell cro believe me I thought these things were tanks too!!! Im waiting for her insurance company to give me call so they can come and inspect the damage and assess it, but I really do think it will be written off. I dont want another car though I love this one too much so if its written off I will buy the wreck back off the insurance company and fix it with the money they give me on top. As for towing I was unaware that it was at her expense so I will follow this through so I dont have to pay. I doubt I will get a hire car as the car is only 3rd party insured but ill ask anyway. :spoton:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

that's a bitch. I hope you get it all sorted real soon .

Geea. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I was surprised at the damage aswell cro believe me I thought these things were tanks too!!! Im waiting for her insurance company to give me call so they can come and inspect the damage and assess it, but I really do think it will be written off. I dont want another car though I love this one too much so if its written off I will buy the wreck back off the insurance company and fix it with the money they give me on top. As for towing I was unaware that it was at her expense so I will follow this through so I dont have to pay. I doubt I will get a hire car as the car is only 3rd party insured but ill ask anyway.  :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once a car is written off, you cant legally register the car again. The VIN number and plates are usually written down and it goes on the register databases..

You could rebirth it.. But that's not a good idea!

Are you saying the other person has 3rd party or yourself? If its yourself, it shouldnt matter what insurance you have as you arent the one at fault.

  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted
I was surprised at the damage aswell cro believe me I thought these things were tanks too!!! Im waiting for her insurance company to give me call so they can come and inspect the damage and assess it, but I really do think it will be written off. I dont want another car though I love this one too much so if its written off I will buy the wreck back off the insurance company and fix it with the money they give me on top. As for towing I was unaware that it was at her expense so I will follow this through so I dont have to pay. I doubt I will get a hire car as the car is only 3rd party insured but ill ask anyway.  :msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once a car is written off, you cant legally register the car again. The VIN number and plates are usually written down and it goes on the register databases..

You could rebirth it.. But that's not a good idea!

Are you saying the other person has 3rd party or yourself? If its yourself, it shouldnt matter what insurance you have as you arent the one at fault.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only I have 3rd party but as you said it dosent matter coz its not my fault. I was only stating that becuase you mentioned rental car and I didnt think I would get one with 3rd party insurance. If the car is written off I will be an older shell it put all my go-fast bits in that and just wear the expenses. The things you do for your car :fool:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Only I have 3rd party but as you said it dosent matter coz its not my fault. I was only stating that becuase you mentioned rental car and I didnt think I would get one with 3rd party insurance. If the car is written off I will be an older shell it put all my go-fast bits in that and just wear the expenses. The things you do for your car  :fool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lets hope its not written off then :)

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 7d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

I think the problem you might face is that the insurance company will write it off because its not economical to repair, ie. The damage is more than the cars market value. If the damage isnt structural in any way and its all just guards and bonnet and lights, what not, you should be able to come to a deal with the assessor to not completely write it off as you want to have it fixed.

Dazza.

  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted

Yeh well I will need new bonnet,radiator,grill,front left guard,front bumper,leftheadlight and indicator and that's all from what I can see. If there is any structuraly damage it will be pointed out lets hope there isnt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...