Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Big Gun
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
Wouldnt removing the wing change the high speed handling of the car? Wont you lose stability and downforce by removing the wing? I'm sure that Ford have engineered the bootlid with an aero-wing for a reason.

By the way everybody, I am joking. I am taking the piss. Looks good Mick.

HOOK

Trumpy,

I would be shocked if the boot spoiler did anything aerodynamic.  I think you will find its there for looks and offers little/no downforce.

LINE

My guess is that it might tidy up airflow slightly - may improve fuel economy slightly at speed - but doubt much downforce would be added.

AND SINKER!!!

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Great rack
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong Vic.
Posted
Quite like the de-badged look but I think the spoiler needs to go back on. :spoton:

Yep, I totally agree! :spoton: I love the exhaust tips though, are they an APS item or just similar??

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Thanks for the comments fella's!

Looks like Rex Hunt has been doing lots of kissing around here..... :fishin::fish::spoton:

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Quite like the de-badged look but I think the spoiler needs to go back on. :fishin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I totally agree! :fish: I love the exhaust tips though, are they an APS item or just similar??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its got the full APS zorst on it.

Speaking of APS, I tried to get another rear muffler today, cause I reckon the quad exhaust tips would look tops! But APS wont supply just the final muffler on its own! Oh nooooo they want another 2k outta me!

Very disappointed. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d
Posted (edited)

Wouldnt removing the wing change the high speed handling of the car? Wont you lose stability and downforce by removing the wing? I'm sure that Ford have engineered the bootlid with an aero-wing for a reason.

Trumpy,..........Yer that'd be great!! love that movie..

I think you'll find that rear spoilers increase stability/downforce and lessen top end speed. But it depends on the size/design of them, as to what speed it starts happening.

Edited by Roger Donkey
  • Award Winning Photo guy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burleigh Waters
Posted

I want to know how JETMIR's brother got the DJR bootlid spoiler.. please please please tell me!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted
I want to know how JETMIR's brother got the DJR bootlid spoiler.. please please please tell me!

well it all started in one very cold day in winter, in the middle of the night.. lol. hes got a mate down at c2r and he got it done 4 him.. it was pretty easy installing too, just a clip to unplug for the light wires.. took abt 1/2 an hour.. would take less time if u know where the clip is from the start.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted
Looks much better. Ill attach some photos of mine.

post-4120-1116221674_thumb.jpg post-4120-1116221658_thumb.jpgpost-4120-1116221710_thumb.jpgattachmentid=13154]

I LOVE it.. mate the wheels are beaute, and the leather is sick!! good on ya!! ohh yeah, the boot looks good too :spoton:

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted

I love the look of it mick but if your goin for the sleek look ditch the spats :spoton:

Great job man, looks excellent :mexicanwave:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 28d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted
Looks nice, definately suits the colour and in my eyes makes the rear end get a little "rounder". 

I don't think it's suit all colours though, Black, HgAg and the darker hues probably best. 

Does have a little bit of Pulsar Sedan look to it  with the Ford badge missing, but overall noice work ;)

A.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I had my spoiler off and I didn't like it, but I've seen it done in other cars and it has looked much better.

I've badged mine too, but left the ford badge there, it breaks up the boodlid a bit that way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...