DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 21d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 13/05/05 04:25 PM Posted 13/05/05 04:25 PM (edited) Well Friday the 13th is usually unlucky for most but today marks the day I purchased my very own Citric Acid XR6T!!!I love it been driving around all night!!! Dam if you nail it she likes the juice!!!It has Leather, Premium Sound and Reversing Sensors.2003 Oct Build with 35000km'sNow my first question is what should I do to it first? After Insurance (This was a mission as I am under 25 no one wants to insure me) and Stamp Duty is taken care of!! Non WA people are soo lucky our stamp duty sucks!!!All you guys with mods.. What is the fuel like???This is my plan in no order... you tell me what I should do...Grills For the frontGet my Number plates back - MONDAY! XR8 Bonnet... Looks beefy and the frontbar but I doubt I will ever find one.Cold Air IntakeKnN Air FilterHigh flow cat + Full exhaust ( I want a nice sound and good performance nothing over the top! any suggestions?)Sat NavSunroof - Wheels are in motion for this one18" Ford Rims... no hurry to get them just put a new set of 17's on it tonight.. god dam it was hard work!I have heard so much about all the chips and flash things you can do.. what is the best or is there a really good one? Will it make the xr6t drink alot more?Is it possible to transfer a sat nav system from one car to another? If so anyone know someone selling one? or someone selling their car which has sat nav I am really keen to buy this but I don’t want to spend 3500 to get it fitted by herrod!!!With the Prem sound anyone know it inside out??Has it got RCA inputs? I have an alpine TV tuner which I took out of my old car from what I can see it has rca out to view the TV, not sure it if will work with something other than alpine but would be interesting!It is easy enough to get some better speakers and hook up an amp to run them + put some subs in a box with another amp to run that.. Will this work? Anyone got photos of their audio installs?I am glad I found this forum has been alot of help with getting me started!! I hope I didn’t ask too much! I am just excited I guess!!!Can’t wait to hear some input! Thanks again! Edited 13/05/05 04:32 PM by DCVIN
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 13/05/05 08:23 PM Posted 13/05/05 08:23 PM At least you got the best colour Enjoy your ride mate and welcome to fordxr6turbo.com
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 13/05/05 08:52 PM Posted 13/05/05 08:52 PM hey mate... congrats on your purchase....yuou should be able to get the sunroof for about $1500.... this is the same as the factory sunroof and there is a place I Know in brisbane that the the ford dealers use to get the sunroof put in.as for the exhaust... if you want beefier sound then just get a mandrel bent centre muffler replacement nwith flanes (bolit in bolt out)... about $300...sounds tops As for chipping... In your case (been under 25) I would definately go the edit.... is undetectable to your insurer.... stealth
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 14/05/05 12:41 AM Posted 14/05/05 12:41 AM Great purchase
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 14/05/05 12:56 AM Posted 14/05/05 12:56 AM welcome DCVIN chip/edit and fuel economy: your fuel economy will not be directly affected, it all depends on your right foot. If your driving habits before and after are the same your fuel consumption will be the same. that's what I found anyway.btw, your avatar is yuk.
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Posted 14/05/05 01:40 AM Posted 14/05/05 01:40 AM sat nav can be bought as a removable system almost anywhere we sell them starting from about 700 bucks, can do one at cost if u like
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 21d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 14/05/05 02:26 AM Author Posted 14/05/05 02:26 AM WOW Thanks for the feedback guys!!!yer sorry bout the little pic its gonna change asap!!!! How much would the sat nav cost including shipping to perth WA!!! I am very keen for this one!!!! let me know cqae!!!! Its gonna be a slow process... as got a few things to pay now but I am keeping this car for a while!Is the SS cold air kit the way to go? I will get some pricing today.. or is there a better one?sat nav can be bought as a removable system almost anywhere we sell them starting from about 700 bucks, can do one at cost if u like<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 21d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 14/05/05 02:47 AM Author Posted 14/05/05 02:47 AM hey mate... congrats on your purchase....yuou should be able to get the sunroof for about $1500.... this is the same as the factory sunroof and there is a place I Know in brisbane that the the ford dealers use to get the sunroof put in.as for the exhaust... if you want beefier sound then just get a mandrel bent centre muffler replacement nwith flanes (bolit in bolt out)... about $300...sounds tops As for chipping... In your case (been under 25) I would definately go the edit.... is undetectable to your insurer.... stealth <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey jetuteThis is the sunroof I am looking at I thinks is similar to the one that FPV uses but this has extra features. I want a decent size roof as well... My old man is in the car industry so hopefully get one from him!?! http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs_792.htmlNow this edit chip and so on I am so confused!!! Is the edit the same as that CAPA Ford Flash unit or is that different? Where do you get the edit done? Also I have heard some things about a BOSS edit?!?! what is that?Getting a full Stainless Steel Exhaust with a high flow cat not the way to go?Thanks heaps for all your help people!Makes a huge difference to talk to people with experience rather than someone who just wants to sell you something!
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/05/05 03:47 AM Posted 14/05/05 03:47 AM hey mate... congrats on your purchase....yuou should be able to get the sunroof for about $1500.... this is the same as the factory sunroof and there is a place I Know in brisbane that the the ford dealers use to get the sunroof put in.as for the exhaust... if you want beefier sound then just get a mandrel bent centre muffler replacement nwith flanes (bolit in bolt out)... about $300...sounds tops As for chipping... In your case (been under 25) I would definately go the edit.... is undetectable to your insurer.... stealth Hey jetuteThis is the sunroof I am looking at I thinks is similar to the one that FPV uses but this has extra features. I want a decent size roof as well... My old man is in the car industry so hopefully get one from him!?! http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs_792.htmlNow this edit chip and so on I am so confused!!! Is the edit the same as that CAPA Ford Flash unit or is that different? Where do you get the edit done? Also I have heard some things about a BOSS edit?!?! what is that?Getting a full Stainless Steel Exhaust with a high flow cat not the way to go?Thanks heaps for all your help people!Makes a huge difference to talk to people with experience rather than someone who just wants to sell you something!yep... that's the same sunroof that im talking about... its the same as the factory one but has more features and is a LOT cheaper the edit is the CAPA ford flasher... this is totally stealth and you just plug a lead into your car, download your new upgraded program and then unplug it.... there is no visible evidence that you have altered the car in anyway as you dont leave anything on the car excpet the prgram that put into your cars ecu via the cable and flash box The exhaust is up to you and depends on what you want out of it.... if you want great sound at a cheap price then the mandrel bent centre muffler replacement is the way to go ( I have it and it sounds great)..... The factory exhaust system is actually a great system..... if your chasing big rwkw then another option might be for you.... I believe that the factory system with centre muffler removed is good for 300 rwkw.... If im wrong im sure some1 here will correct me
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 14/05/05 05:51 AM Posted 14/05/05 05:51 AM Cold Air IntakeThere's a lot of threads about this, just do a search for 'CAI'. The consensus it that a SS Inductions kit is a waste of money. Just follow the instructions on this forum for a Do It Yourself CAI. Normally less than $50KnN Air FilterGood Idea. There is some discussion about which filter is best, and I'm not going to get into that.Has it got RCA inputs?I assume you mean RCA outputs, and the answer is no.It is easy enough to get some better speakers and hook up an amp to run them + put some subs in a box with another amp to run that.. Will this work?Yes, you can do that. Quality is the only problem. Because the factory head unit does not have any RCA outputs, you have to use a line level converter to change the speaker output to RCA output. The consequence is that you loose out on sound quality. You can change out the factory speakers with no loss of quality though.Panda
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now