Goldbullet Member 883 Member For: 21y 6m 5d Location: Frankston Posted 14/06/05 12:12 PM Posted 14/06/05 12:12 PM Guy's I have spoke to Martin and he is happy to do the I/C at $900 + freight to what ever state you live in,all we have to do is give all the money to him with our mailing addresses and the deal is done. Cheers Paul.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What about you organise everybody paul to make sure we are all in and pay at the same time.Bullet
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Location: Perth Posted 15/06/05 12:13 AM Posted 15/06/05 12:13 AM Well, I couldn't wait until the weekend to fit the intercooler so fitted it yesterday afternoon.It took around 5 hours to fit but some of that time was wasted trying to work out where the brackets went. It would be a good idea for the intercooler to come with a diagram or instructions to show where the brackets go. Never mind.After the I/C was installed I flashed the 11psi program I had in my CAPA flasher and drove the car for 5-10 mins to allow the car to warm up and the program to stabilise.The difference between the stock I/C and this unit is huge. I drove the car hard for at least 5 mins, with no reduction in power or performance. I pulled over and felt the end tanks - one end was very hot - the other was very cold.As I had Caltex Voltex Gold fuel I wasn't able to run the 14psi program I have - I'll wait until I fill the car on Ultimate then give it a go.My initial finding is the I/C is much better than the stock unit and is able to sustain hard driving without losing power like the stock I/C does.I'll find out what power the car is making at the next WA XR6T dyno day.
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Location: Perth Posted 15/06/05 12:19 AM Posted 15/06/05 12:19 AM I'll have some pics this afternoon.
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 12d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 15/06/05 12:47 AM Posted 15/06/05 12:47 AM Good to hear mate!Keep us posted
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Location: Perth Posted 15/06/05 12:59 AM Posted 15/06/05 12:59 AM Just spoke to Street Tuner. Brackets and fitting instructions will be included with all further units
axr-jet Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 22y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Sth/East Posted 15/06/05 10:28 AM Posted 15/06/05 10:28 AM Guy's I have spoke to Martin and he is happy to do the I/C at $900 + freight to what ever state you live in,all we have to do is give all the money to him with our mailing addresses and the deal is done. Cheers Paul.What about you organise everybody paul to make sure we are all in and pay at the same time.Bullet I don't mind doing that but it makes it a bit harder when every body lives in diffrent states,plus SIXRT has bort one already.Not shore if we can still get the group buy thing still as we don't have five people any more.Will PM Martin and see what he can do. Paul.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 15/06/05 11:51 AM Posted 15/06/05 11:51 AM MR XR6T, looking forward to seeing your car on the dyno next month! should double my figure!
boomer01 Member 53 Member For: 21y 8m 19d Posted 15/06/05 01:57 PM Posted 15/06/05 01:57 PM I'll have some pics this afternoon.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,Any pics yet?Regards,Tom.
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Location: Perth Posted 15/06/05 09:58 PM Posted 15/06/05 09:58 PM Pics as promised. I'll try to take one of the front of the car and post this evening.
Skitz 6 Legacy Donating Member 115 Member For: 22y 3m 6d Location: Adelaide Posted 16/06/05 04:23 AM Posted 16/06/05 04:23 AM I would be very interested to know, after you guys have installed these....What's it like with everyday driving, warmer days for example (might be difficult now with this weather ), any notice with power loss.And speaking with power, what increase you guys get, is a retune needed with piggyback / edit etc...All in good time the results will appear I suppose...Peter
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now