ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 03/05/05 05:17 AM Posted 03/05/05 05:17 AM Just a question for any of the guys who has had this trans mod for a while, when I first fitted it it was chirping 1st to 2nd but recently I havnt been able to do it (ive tried on the same road and conditions etc) it still shifts firm however, any ideas why its not chirping anymore? Car has minor mods only, no piggyback or edit etc. ShaneI'm stunned that it chirped at all being relatively stock, mine doesn't chirp every time.Scotty
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 03/05/05 05:24 AM Posted 03/05/05 05:24 AM Just a question for any of the guys who has had this trans mod for a while, when I first fitted it it was chirping 1st to 2nd but recently I havnt been able to do it (ive tried on the same road and conditions etc) it still shifts firm however, any ideas why its not chirping anymore? Car has minor mods only, no piggyback or edit etc. Shane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm stunned that it chirped at all being relatively stock, mine doesn't chirp every time.Scotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It surprised me too scotty, I guess I tried it out 3 times on the first drive then I took a mate for a strap then not a chirp since! Shane
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 03/05/05 05:26 AM Posted 03/05/05 05:26 AM Just a question for any of the guys who has had this trans mod for a while, when I first fitted it it was chirping 1st to 2nd but recently I havnt been able to do it (ive tried on the same road and conditions etc) it still shifts firm however, any ideas why its not chirping anymore? Car has minor mods only, no piggyback or edit etc. ShaneI'm stunned that it chirped at all being relatively stock, mine doesn't chirp every time.ScottyIt surprised me too scotty, I guess I tried it out 3 times on the first drive then I took a mate for a strap then not a chirp since! ShaneMaybe your mate took the Budgie with him.......
QTRMILE Member 51 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Posted 06/05/05 09:16 AM Posted 06/05/05 09:16 AM Finally got around to fitting mine this afternoon... Very pleased with results! For under $100 you can't go wrong!It was easy to fit, only took about an hour and unless you really know what to look for you'd never know it's there. Shift is really nice and firm, haven't given it a real bootfull yet but even at low speeds it's great, then flick the switch and it's back to normal!Next stop - the Dragstrip!Big thumbsup!
FR33DY Member 307 Member For: 21y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/05/05 10:27 AM Posted 06/05/05 10:27 AM I have received mine in the post getting it installed on Thursday with a larger trans cooler for $300 plus the cost of the Shift kit ($85) all up a $385 for my Auto. I'm installing this weekend a Turbosmart BOV ($290), last weekend it was the Second CAI ($38) and K&N filter ($99), I seem to find something to occupy my Saturday mornings
AWW XR6T UTE Member 129 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Location: Brisbane Posted 06/05/05 11:29 AM Posted 06/05/05 11:29 AM I received mine in the post today, probably put it in tomorrow, & let you know how it goes.
QTRMILE Member 51 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Posted 06/05/05 02:15 PM Posted 06/05/05 02:15 PM I have received mine in the post getting it installed on Thursday with a larger trans cooler for $300 plus the cost of the Shift kit ($85) all up a $385 for my Auto. I'm installing this weekend a Turbosmart BOV ($290), last weekend it was the Second CAI ($38) and K&N filter ($99), I seem to find something to occupy my Saturday mornings <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What sort of trans cooler did you get?... I know there's another thread on this but seeing as though this one's about auto's as well....I've looked at the B&M ones and also the Davies Craig ones, just want to get an idea what people are using....
Barry Blue Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom! Member 890 Member For: 21y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Tweed Heads Posted 06/05/05 07:38 PM Posted 06/05/05 07:38 PM Just a question for any of the guys who has had this trans mod for a while, when I first fitted it it was chirping 1st to 2nd but recently I havnt been able to do it (ive tried on the same road and conditions etc) it still shifts firm however, any ideas why its not chirping anymore? Car has minor mods only, no piggyback or edit etc. Shane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm stunned that it chirped at all being relatively stock, mine doesn't chirp every time.Scotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It surprised me too scotty, I guess I tried it out 3 times on the first drive then I took a mate for a strap then not a chirp since! Shane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like it's time your mate went on a diet. My module should arrive on Monday! Cheers Clarke
liontamer2 Member 64 Member For: 22y 9m 12d Location: cornubia brisbane Posted 06/05/05 10:42 PM Posted 06/05/05 10:42 PM My ute runs constant 12.8's fitted a Trans Mod 12.3's best $85.00 ever spent
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 06/05/05 10:59 PM Posted 06/05/05 10:59 PM Just a quick question. I'm on my second gearbox and I noticed when ford fitted the new box the car went back to having crisp sharp gear changes but after a few thousand kilometers it reverted back to the usual kind of flaring between gears. Will this shiftkit module work well for a while but then stress the box back to it's usual slow changes?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now