Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 1m 23d Posted 18/04/05 03:18 AM Posted 18/04/05 03:18 AM (edited) I have a problem with the alignment with the front bumber. It hangs down revealing a gap between the bumber and the lights. And also a bit where it joins the Qtr PanelSee Pic to see what I mean (the problem is not evident in the pic but have highlighted where --> If you lift the bumber up from the front there is room to lift it up.I have removed the front bumber and it seems the only thing that holds it up at the front is a knob that fits into a hole on the chassis body.I alighned the bumber where it should sit, did all screws and bolts up. When I let go of the bumber it sits back hanging lowAnyone have this problem or know how to fixThanks Edited 18/04/05 03:21 AM by Hazey
Cassius Member 214 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Ipswich...along the goat track Posted 18/04/05 03:33 AM Posted 18/04/05 03:33 AM I believe a few other people have this problem, but unsure if they have created their own fix or not. A search on the forums may help you out.Good luck with a fix though.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/04/05 04:03 AM Posted 18/04/05 04:03 AM It is fairly normal to have this "feature" on your car. The problem is if you do not report it at delivery, Ford will turn around and not do anything about it. Mine has a sag, but I did manage to fix it by playing around with the front bar before doing the screws up.It is worth taking to the dealer, but I do not like your chances.
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/04/05 08:38 AM Posted 18/04/05 08:38 AM It is fairly normal to have this "feature" on your car. The problem is if you do not report it at delivery, Ford will turn around and not do anything about it. Mine has a sag, but I did manage to fix it by playing around with the front bar before doing the screws up.It is worth taking to the dealer, but I do not like your chances.I think you'll notice the alignment on the rear bar / skirt is the same. Normally sits out one side or the other and doesn't mate with the steel body panels correctly
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/04/05 09:11 AM Posted 18/04/05 09:11 AM I think its pretty normal. Mine plus most Ive seen have this sag.
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 10m 24d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 18/04/05 09:58 AM Posted 18/04/05 09:58 AM Yeah Hazey I got the sag.And cause I bought mine 2nd Ford said cant do nothing about it unless you wanna take it to panel beater..Ive learned to live with it. Its one of those things that you know of but other ppl cant pick up when they look at your Tcikas
shadyxr Legacy Donating Member 132 Member For: 22y 11m 20d Location: Sydney Posted 19/04/05 05:48 AM Posted 19/04/05 05:48 AM Hazey, I had the same problem & fixed myself. If you look in the lower opening you will find two thredded holes in the centre steel support rail. I made two curved brackets about 70mm long and had a mate hold the bar up when tightening them. These support the centre section and mine has been fine since (2003 build)Cheers.
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 19/04/05 09:35 PM Posted 19/04/05 09:35 PM I think there is supposed to be a gap for flexability. I have had a car reverse into the front of me at very low speeds and no damage. When I looked at the front I then really began to see the logic in the gap. If it was tightly flush around the front and you had a small hit the bar would push against the lights and the quarter panels and possibly snap the clips. It happened to me on my AU2 XR6 which sat more flush. Plus it lets more air into engine... Just an idea
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/04/05 08:20 AM Posted 21/04/05 08:20 AM I think there is supposed to be a gap for flexability. I have had a car reverse into the front of me at very low speeds and no damage. When I looked at the front I then really began to see the logic in the gap. If it was tightly flush around the front and you had a small hit the bar would push against the lights and the quarter panels and possibly snap the clips. It happened to me on my AU2 XR6 which sat more flush. Plus it lets more air into engine... Just an idea The gap under my headlights is big enough to stick my fingers in. A couple of mm is fair enough, but not this big!
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 21/04/05 09:22 PM Posted 21/04/05 09:22 PM I think there is supposed to be a gap for flexability. I have had a car reverse into the front of me at very low speeds and no damage. When I looked at the front I then really began to see the logic in the gap. If it was tightly flush around the front and you had a small hit the bar would push against the lights and the quarter panels and possibly snap the clips. It happened to me on my AU2 XR6 which sat more flush. Plus it lets more air into engine... Just an idea <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The gap under my headlights is big enough to stick my fingers in. A couple of mm is fair enough, but not this big! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mines only a couple of mm, but if you can stick your fingers in the gap then its way too big. Do you find when you close your bonnet the front bumper shakes?? I drove next to a BA a while back and noticed the front bumper shaked over every bump :o either something was broken or just build quality.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now