RATT Member 230 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 04/04/05 01:17 PM Posted 04/04/05 01:17 PM Just a quick one to hopefully ease my worry.When I give my T wide open throttle in first gear there seams to be smoke coming from the rear (no it's not the tyres). I mainly notice this at night when another car is behind with headlights on, but have seen it in daylight. It's a browny sort of colour.I've seen a couple of Skylines recently do the same thing but have no idea what it is as there is no smell.It doesn't seem to be dust etc as it has happened on different roads.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/04/05 01:21 PM Posted 04/04/05 01:21 PM Most likely unburned fuel.
Damo Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 22y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/04/05 01:26 PM Posted 04/04/05 01:26 PM I agree with xrdreaming. I see it a lot on cruises.
RATT Member 230 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 04/04/05 01:34 PM Author Posted 04/04/05 01:34 PM Can't be good for the cat if that's it.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 04/04/05 04:14 PM Posted 04/04/05 04:14 PM there wouldnt be to many boosted up cars out there that dont bloe a bit of fuel smoke when given WOT.specailly when they run injectors and fuel pumps that could force rain to alice springs!
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 04/04/05 11:24 PM Posted 04/04/05 11:24 PM Definately not something to be too concerned about. The T is tuned from the factory to be a bit on the rich side so your going to see this unburnt fuel coming out when your on the loud pedal. This sort of soot can be very aparent in big hp cars that run without a cat.
Guest PSIXR6 Guests Posted 05/04/05 01:36 AM Posted 05/04/05 01:36 AM Definately not something to be too concerned about. The T is tuned from the factory to be a bit on the rich side so your going to see this unburnt fuel coming out when your on the loud pedal. This sort of soot can be very aparent in big hp cars that run without a cat.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> A bit rich from the factory. I couldn't believe it when mine was run up on the dyno - stock an I saw it peaking at 10.5 AFR. No wonder I was doing 400km per tank Much better now after the tune. Sits dead flat on 12.5-12.6 AFR on WOT. Fuel economy has improved 10 fold.~allen
RATT Member 230 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 05/04/05 06:49 AM Author Posted 05/04/05 06:49 AM Thanks guys. I might have to see Spiro about this one.
ExAreSix TRAITOR Legacy Donating Member 1,063 Member For: 23y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Townsville, NQ Posted 05/04/05 07:09 AM Posted 05/04/05 07:09 AM Definately not something to be too concerned about. The T is tuned from the factory to be a bit on the rich side so your going to see this unburnt fuel coming out when your on the loud pedal. This sort of soot can be very aparent in big hp cars that run without a cat. A bit rich from the factory. I couldn't believe it when mine was run up on the dyno - stock an I saw it peaking at 10.5 AFR. No wonder I was doing 400km per tank Much better now after the tune. Sits dead flat on 12.5-12.6 AFR on WOT. Fuel economy has improved 10 fold.~allenYou're now getting 4000km to a tank??
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Toowoomba Posted 05/04/05 02:39 PM Posted 05/04/05 02:39 PM lol.I'm not even getting 400km per tank. RATT - Definatley nothing to worry about, I saw an R33 GTR at willowbank one night blow that much black smake out the back it looked like a burnout, I kid you not it covered the entire stand, I would hate to pay his fuel bill.Dazza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now