Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
lol.

I'm not even getting 400km per tank.  :gooff: 

RATT - Definatley nothing to worry about, I saw an R33 GTR at willowbank one night blow that much black smake out the back it looked like a burnout, I kid you not it covered the entire stand, I would hate to pay his fuel bill.

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could've also been a slight case of knackered rings :nono:

  • 2 months later...
  • Benzene
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Out West
Posted
Just a quick one to hopefully ease my worry.

When I give my T wide open throttle in first gear there seams to be smoke coming from the rear (no it's not the tyres). I mainly notice this at night when another car is behind with headlights on, but have seen it in daylight. It's a browny sort of colour.

I've seen a couple of Skylines recently do the same thing but have no idea what it is as there is no smell.

It doesn't seem to be dust etc as it has happened on different roads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had my first experience of this tonight, I took off from a set of lights, 1/4 throttle and noticed the smoke in the headlights of the car behind me, scared the sh*t out of me. Im now convinced my T is eiether a dud or it runs way richer then any other T out there.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
Posted
Just a quick one to hopefully ease my worry.

When I give my T wide open throttle in first gear there seams to be smoke coming from the rear (no it's not the tyres). I mainly notice this at night when another car is behind with headlights on, but have seen it in daylight. It's a browny sort of colour.

I've seen a couple of Skylines recently do the same thing but have no idea what it is as there is no smell.

It doesn't seem to be dust etc as it has happened on different roads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had my first experience of this tonight, I took off from a set of lights, 1/4 throttle and noticed the smoke in the headlights of the car behind me, scared the sh*t out of me. Im now convinced my T is eiether a dud or it runs way richer then any other T out there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can notice it at night on mine. Id say its more of a haze than real smoke.

If yours is similar its nothing to worry about. Its also extra common on turbo cars where there may be a slight gap in you backing off the accelerator anf the waste gate blowing off extra pressure. The result is more fuel than needed entering the cylinder and some of it getting through the engine unburnt. Perhaps more than the cat can deal with.

However if you have REAL smoke, like plumes of it that you cant see through, then you have an issue worth speaking to Ford about.

Dont stress if its just a dirty haze that you notice in the lights of the car behind you. Its just your engine doing its thing!

(If its effecting you that bad, Im sure if you downgraded to a Expensive Daewoo Barina you wont have the issue)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 25d
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Definately not something to be too concerned about. The T is tuned from the factory to be a bit on the rich side so your going to see this unburnt fuel coming out when your on the loud pedal. This sort of soot can be very aparent in big hp cars that run without a cat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Much better now after the tune. Sits dead flat on 12.5-12.6 AFR on WOT. Fuel economy has improved 10 fold.

~allen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, some would argue that is lean for a turbo. 11.5 - 11.8 seems to be a safer AFR from what I've seen most cars tuned at. 12.5 - 12.6 is n/a AFR's.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...