Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 02/04/05 05:10 AM Posted 02/04/05 05:10 AM Howdy all.The price of good tyres is coming down these days, but still $450 for a pair of standard 17" Dunlops hits the wallet pretty hard, let alone if you go for higher quality tyres or even 18" or 19" tyres. So I've devised a way for us all to experience maxium mileage out of our tyres. It's called Secondary Treadware Indicators. I'm sure most of you are aware of the standard treadware indicators tyres have. Today I'll explain to you these are just a "guideline" of when you should replace your tyres.Very recently I had my car serviced at Ford, where they advised me they didn't want to let my car leave their workshop as my tyres were worn out. I looked at my tyres and sure enough I was down to the indicator. I said pfff, what do I look like I'm made of money. Grabbed my keys and I was gone. Since then I've racked up another 9000klms on my car, before they reached the Secondary Treadware Indicators.Now there's 2 (two) benefits of wearing tyres to the Secondary Treadware Indicator.1. The extra mileage I've already talked about.2. No longer do you have to get down on you hands and knees and look at your tyres. No sir'e bob. You simply just wait until someone following you pulls up next to you and politely advised you, that there are sparks coming off your tyres.As you can clearly see by my provided pictures these handy Secondary Treadware Indicators or Steel Belts as they're sometimes called, are built into most passenger and performance tyres on the market today.So next time someone tells you, "Geez mate, you need new tyres" you can inform them of our little money saving secret.Happy Motoring.AdamDisclaimer: I take no responsibilty for damage done to cars driving on Secondary Treadware Indicators.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m Posted 02/04/05 05:30 AM Posted 02/04/05 05:30 AM Man! That must have been an interesting drive in the wet.....Mine are not quite as bad (18's), but have the same wear pattern. It seems that these cars like to chew out the inside half first.
ExAreSix TRAITOR Legacy Donating Member 1,063 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Townsville, NQ Posted 02/04/05 05:39 AM Posted 02/04/05 05:39 AM Holy crap. I thought mine were bad. I'm also down to the 'Secondary Treadware Indicators', but only on my passenger side. (I like roundabouts, ok?)Nice to know I'm not the only one. Nice job
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 02/04/05 06:04 AM Posted 02/04/05 06:04 AM Champion! Bloody champion!
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 02/04/05 06:11 AM Posted 02/04/05 06:11 AM Just remember if you had a prang with tyres like that your Insurance company would ditch you like a hot potato....Be sensible and replace your tyres whan they are at the correct wear indicators. Having watched someone cut out of a car two weeks ago, because the lost control on bald tyres, its not that funny........
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 02/04/05 06:14 AM Author Posted 02/04/05 06:14 AM Just remember if you had a prang with tyres like that your Insurance company would ditch you like a hot potato....Be sensible and replace your tyres whan they are at the correct wear indicators. Having watched someone cut out of a car two weeks ago, because the lost control on bald tyres, its not that funny........*sigh*"Insert sense of humour here"Adam
johng001 Member 192 Member For: 22y 4m 23d Location: Melb Posted 02/04/05 06:16 AM Posted 02/04/05 06:16 AM Goose
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 02/04/05 06:52 AM Posted 02/04/05 06:52 AM Is that a hint big A ??Scotty
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 02/04/05 09:32 AM Posted 02/04/05 09:32 AM lol adam you dick..
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 02/04/05 10:13 AM Posted 02/04/05 10:13 AM I know...Lets all drive our cars till we get to the secondary wear indicators and the money we save we could chip in and buy Dallas a decent personality and if there was anything left we could get him some sense of humour also.... Great post Goose.... Been through a similar situation lately......<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Agreed mate about sense of humour. I saw these tyres on the goose mobile during the week they were bad.Goose by name goose by nature. Ian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now