Pretzel

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 11m 2d

Hi mate. Great concept... I already have a Alpine vehicle hub. I had the intentions of running my Toshiba P100 laptop through it, But due to work commitments. This has not happened. Is it possible to run your setup through it? Do you have a rough price for a setup like mine... Keep up the good work mate.... Cheers HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 3m 8d

Yer pretzel would you sell or tell us what software and hardware etc required for ppl with Carputer already.

Edited by ritzy

• Member For: 16y 11m 11d

Looks bloody awesome.

Reminds me of some stuff that we were doing a year or so ago.

While at uni, I was involved in a program called FSAE, a worldwide comp where you design, build, test and race small open wheelers. We built using a 600cc moto engine, at GT15V turbo and a MoTeC M800 ECU.

Anyway, we used an ATCAN chip from Atmel (can tap into the CAN bus) and a Gameboy advance.

We ripped the guts out of the Gameboy, mounted it in a custom steering wheel and used it to interface to the MoTeC via CAN. Looked Sweet....

All the kjnow how is there, the only difficulty would be hacking the CAN protocol, but that is not too much of an issue as the boys hacked MoTeCs one without too much problem....

I could get in touch with the guys behind it if there was enough interest and see how much effort would be required to do it for a T?

It is relatively low cost..... (a few hundred)...

If you guys are interested, I will find some pics to post and ask the guys if they are interested....

Looks bloody awesome.

Reminds me of some stuff that we were doing a year or so ago.

While at uni, I was involved in a program called FSAE, a worldwide comp where you design, build, test and race small open wheelers. We built using a 600cc moto engine, at GT15V turbo and a MoTeC M800 ECU.

Anyway, we used an ATCAN chip from Atmel (can tap into the CAN bus) and a Gameboy advance.

We ripped the guts out of the Gameboy, mounted it in a custom steering wheel and used it to interface to the MoTeC via CAN. Looked Sweet....

All the kjnow how is there, the only difficulty would be hacking the CAN protocol, but that is not too much of an issue as the boys hacked MoTeCs one without too much problem....

I could get in touch with the guys behind it if there was enough interest and see how much effort would be required to do it for a T?

It is relatively low cost..... (a few hundred)...

If you guys are interested, I will find some pics to post and ask the guys if they are interested....

Fellas this thread is 2 years old with no new info.

I like your idea, what would we do without nerds.

• Member For: 16y 11m 11d
Fellas this thread is 2 years old with no new info.

I like your idea, what would we do without nerds.

This is new info....

I emailed the guy behind it this morning and should hopefully know if he is interested some time today.... should also have some pics....

The display is full colour and you can tab between screens to show all types of stuff...boost, rpm, temps, pressures, basically anything that can be grabbed from the CAN... trust me it looks good...

Heres hoping he says yes! He has always been keen to market this but hasnt got around to it...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8d

Keep on it Simmaz!! With any luck, we'll finally get something that makes use of all the info avail through the OBDII port using CAN. That full colour ICC is just crying out to be used for something useful!

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 4m 18d
Hey guys,

What do you think of the latest mod to the car ?

And before anyone asks...... No I have not tested these on an independent Dyno Dynamics Dyno ! :useless: :lol:

It's still in development, and it's not the best photo.

R0010196.jpg

Pretzel

still waiting???