blackwrx Member 181 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Posted 09/03/05 02:44 AM Posted 09/03/05 02:44 AM cool should be making a bit more power with those mods, is it cheaper to do thing seperately rather than just buy an APS PH2 kit for $5000.I thought that sounded like a pretty god deal.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Posted 09/03/05 02:56 AM Posted 09/03/05 02:56 AM cool should be making a bit more power with those mods, is it cheaper to do thing seperately rather than just buy an APS PH2 kit for $5000.I thought that sounded like a pretty god deal.Edit - $1300Injectors + Adaptors - $650Custom tune - $300With those mods you should be around 250 to 265 RWKW. An intercooler would also be a worthwhile investment.
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 09/03/05 04:34 AM Posted 09/03/05 04:34 AM cool should be making a bit more power with those mods, is it cheaper to do thing seperately rather than just buy an APS PH2 kit for $5000.I thought that sounded like a pretty god deal.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Edit - $1300Injectors + Adaptors - $650Custom tune - $300With those mods you should be around 250 to 265 RWKW. An intercooler would also be a worthwhile investment.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not saying that's the path I wouldn't choose (cos I would and will), but honestly though... who is doing a custom tune for $300? certainly no one in Vic methinks!?
obrut6 Member 160 Member For: 22y 5m 23d Location: Sydney Posted 09/03/05 04:55 AM Posted 09/03/05 04:55 AM cool should be making a bit more power with those mods, is it cheaper to do thing seperately rather than just buy an APS PH2 kit for $5000.I thought that sounded like a pretty god deal.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Edit - $1300Injectors + Adaptors - $650Custom tune - $300With those mods you should be around 250 to 265 RWKW. An intercooler would also be a worthwhile investment.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not saying that's the path I wouldn't choose (cos I would and will), but honestly though... who is doing a custom tune for $300? certainly no one in Vic methinks!?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>got my custom tune for $250
blackwrx Member 181 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Posted 09/03/05 04:57 AM Posted 09/03/05 04:57 AM sounds good but I would have to agree that $300 for the tuning sounds a bit steep.I think I will be sticking to the APS pahse 2 kit.But it sound like you have switchable maps with the edit, is that right? I dont think the unichip offers that option.
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 09/03/05 05:49 AM Posted 09/03/05 05:49 AM I was told you would get 250-265kw with just an edit ,not injetors.could I have been lied too.or is he right.that's on 8psi apparently??
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 09/03/05 06:46 AM Posted 09/03/05 06:46 AM sounds good but I would have to agree that $300 for the tuning sounds a bit steep.I think I will be sticking to the APS pahse 2 kit.But it sound like you have switchable maps with the edit, is that right? I dont think the unichip offers that option.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>heh I was saying that $300 sounds cheap! :D Would even be worth the drive in petrol alone to Sydney to get it tuned wherever obrut6 had his done...If you want a quality bolt on, drive in / drive out solution then APS bring the goods, if you want to build more power for cheaper keep reading the threads on these forums.. it appears the flavour of the month is front mount intercoolers so I expect to learn a lot!
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Posted 09/03/05 09:13 AM Posted 09/03/05 09:13 AM cool should be making a bit more power with those mods, is it cheaper to do thing seperately rather than just buy an APS PH2 kit for $5000.I thought that sounded like a pretty god deal.Edit - $1300Injectors + Adaptors - $650Custom tune - $300With those mods you should be around 250 to 265 RWKW. An intercooler would also be a worthwhile investment.Not saying that's the path I wouldn't choose (cos I would and will), but honestly though... who is doing a custom tune for $300? certainly no one in Vic methinks!?Can't comment for Victorian tuners, but Power Torque in Brisbane charge $300 for the custom tune.Simmo,The 10 PSI map on mine produced 265RWKW on a dynologic dyno and 255RWKW on a dyno dynamics dyno. The car runs standard injectors and standard intercooler. Both runs were done on hot, humid Qld days.Injectors will add a safety margin for cooler weather and more power. An intercooler will give you consistent performance, run after run.
obrut6 Member 160 Member For: 22y 5m 23d Location: Sydney Posted 09/03/05 09:25 AM Posted 09/03/05 09:25 AM yeah, go injectors and intercooler for 300rwkw!
stardust Member 537 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Brisbane Posted 09/03/05 09:35 AM Posted 09/03/05 09:35 AM Where is power torque in brisbane ?Ken
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now