Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 10/03/05 11:14 AM Posted 10/03/05 11:14 AM Hi all I called a tuner in S/E suburbs of Melbourne yesterday and was told $700 for custom tuning I think I will look else where.Sounds like this guy was ripping me.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I plain don't think there is anyone doing it much cheaper down in VIC than what you've been quoted...
tintR Member 154 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Location: Ferntree Gully, Victoria Posted 10/03/05 11:22 AM Posted 10/03/05 11:22 AM I rang Capa today and got 4 more phone numbers.They say around $300.
obrut6 Member 160 Member For: 22y 5m 27d Location: Sydney Posted 10/03/05 11:32 AM Posted 10/03/05 11:32 AM the first quote I got was from $1000 to $1500 so I waited a while then found someone to do it for $250,it took the tuner longer than expected so the price has now gone up though.
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 10/03/05 11:12 PM Posted 10/03/05 11:12 PM I am sure ST is the best person to answer this question CHIPS, however my understand is that regardless of the components you have on your car (eg your rising rate fuel reg) the maps supplied are generically set to the values suited to the stock setup. Therefore, any gains you would reap from supplying more fuel top end with the reg would not be found performance wise unless you had the car custom tuned to suit these differences (I suspect your AFRs would be better if anything with the reg up the top of the rpm band were the standard pressuired injectors start running at max duty). By all means someone correct me if I am wrong Thanks NighEve, I can understand that! Cheers, Mark.
Brendan XR6-T Member 88 Member For: 17y 1m 14d Gender: Male Posted 26/08/09 01:50 PM Posted 26/08/09 01:50 PM Hi all got the 10pound generic from capa today holy sheep s#it wat a difference. I own a bf05turbo got a phoon air box and k&n panel filter anyone got an idea of wAt she might b putting at the wheels??
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 27d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 27/08/09 09:32 AM Posted 27/08/09 09:32 AM get a dyno run with ARF readings on the 8 & 10psi tunes to make sure their safe... 90% of "generic" tunes arent even when the tuners "cusomise the generics to be safe" their still sh*t...
Brendan XR6-T Member 88 Member For: 17y 1m 14d Gender: Male Posted 28/08/09 12:29 AM Posted 28/08/09 12:29 AM get a dyno run with ARF readings on the 8 & 10psi tunes to make sure their safe... 90% of "generic" tunes arent even when the tuners "cusomise the generics to be safe" their still sh*t...hmm dont wont to blow my new baby up wats a reasonable price for a dyno to check this worth.
wiresquire Member 266 Member For: 21y 10m 10d Posted 28/08/09 02:32 PM Posted 28/08/09 02:32 PM (edited) About 4 and a half years...ws Edited 28/08/09 02:33 PM by wiresquire
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now