Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • BATRB-6 - (Fab)
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: MELBOURNE VIC
Posted

Hankook K104 Silicas for me :spoton: 40 - 42 psi

  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
The standard dunlops have a AA traction rating and grip OK. I put some A traction rated tyres on the rear and the difference was frightening. Slid all over the shop!

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually the standard dunlops have only an A traction rating with a 240 treadwear.

The Michelins I mentioned above have an AA rating, with 240 treadwear (preceda) and 220 treadwear (sport2)

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 14d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
You will want a medium/hard compound tyre, so something like a Yokohama is out of the question as you will go through them like butter.

I suppose it's a matter of finding a quality tyre at a good price which will take 328rwkw and not have to be changed every 20,000ks

Easy!! :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not too fussed about how long they last. I'm more concerned with how they handle putting the power on the road.

Geea. :ermm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

spoken like a true speed junkie. (and not the drug)

Dazza.

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

I've been doing abit of research and there seem to be a few options. I started looking at what tyres the high performance cars use too. I'll keep looking. I'm hoping people might have experience with different tyres and be able to sya which they liked and which were crap. I'd hate to spend lots on a tyre and it to turn out to be crap.

Geea. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 9d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted (edited)

Depends what you want to spend.

I've had heaps of tyres, and done track days on most of them, in cars ranging from M5's to a 1.6NA MR2.

In the middle price range, I'd toss-up between Pirelli PZero-Nero, Michelin Pilot Preceda, and Yokohama ES100. Toyo T1-S were good on the smaller cars, but no idea what they're like on big fat cars like ours.

Up the spending a bit, and look at Bridgestone S-03's, Yokohama AVS V102 (AWESOME tyre currently on my xr), Pirelli PZero System Assimetrico (Giallo)... Michelin Pilot Sports.

Tyres NOT to get:

The goodyear Eagle F1's sucked on the track.

Every Hankook/Falken/Nankang etc tyre "as good as X brand!" always suck. The people who say they are good also say the stock Dunlop 3000A's aren't bad. Which of course, once you've driven on a real tyre, you'll realise the stock ones are bloody awful. Cheap though.

You won't be unhappy with any of the tyres I recommended above.

Edited by CrankyBen
Guest Senator
  • Guests
Posted

Bridgstone's SO2. Worlds best performance tyre. Will practically wear out overnight though. But do make sure you buy a quality tyre, such as a big brand and none of these cheap Korean crap.

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Thanks cranky Ben and senator, that's some good info. :ermm:

Geea. :ermm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Ive got the SO3's which replace the SO2's and like I've said many times before they're the best tyre I've ever driven on. Get about 25k out of them but I'm sure you don't plan on having them for that long Geea.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 2d
Posted

I've used SO'2 and Michelin Pilot Sports on my BMW. I know, not as heavy as a T but they work great. I got 35K out of them, but didn't have the Kw's to play with that you have!

Good Luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...