Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Location: Wellington NZ
Posted

Also what about just adding the new pin for the pos feed to the switch as NT has then just bridge that pin to the pos feed wire that feeds the window switches. They will be on as long as the windows are live but you cant see them in the day time anyway. They go off when car is locked or the power windows timeout after the ignition is switched off.

  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest sonia'sXR
  • Guests
Posted

It is just the passenger side window switch at the moment.I wanted to see what it looked like before changing the driver side.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 6d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Review of blue light window switches service by Cam

Not being brave enough to wield a soldering iron in the vicinity of my XR6T I recently took up an offer by one of the Forums members, Cam, to do the fine detail work for me.

I removed the switches one foggy cold Canberra Monday morning, packed them up and sent them on a holiday to Queensland. By Friday afternoon the switches had been modified and were back in my hands. Full marks to Cam for his prompt turn around, value for money and packing.

Five minutes later I was in love.....second to the footwell lights this has to be one of the best mods (value for money) that you can do to your XR6T.

One point to note if you have daytime running lights the lighted switches only operate when your manually turn on the headlights - not all the time.

If you don't want to do this mod yourself I'd certainly reccomend Cam to do this for you - this is not a paid advertisement but just my way of saying publicly thanks to Cam :banghead: and reminding other members of this service. Cam does charge for this service but its less that the cost of one lighted switch from Ford.

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted

Cam,

Just read the message from Hammer007.

Question, are you offering to do this ?

I'm brisbane based and would gladly pay for the service.

Look forward to your response.

Macktheknife.

Guest Zvele
  • Guests
Posted

Macktheknife, Cam just did for me, perfect job :) and they look great now. Guys if you don't have think again.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 29d
  • Location: Melbourne - South eastern
Posted

Fantastic

I have gone the surface mount way and works fantastic

Thanks for the information :thumbsup:

Guest rabbit
  • Guests
Posted

I'm keen to get my window switches done. Anyone in Sydney doing it?

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, W.A.
Posted

I've just completed my blue switches using XR6TK1W1's instructions. works a treat! The only thing to watch out for is the polarity. The instructions for the single switch had one of the led's around the wrong way. The red/blue wire that takes the new pin that you must fabricate is neg. polarity. I only used one blue led per switch - total of 8 led's (1 red for the rear isolation switch) for about $32.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Location: Wellington NZ
Posted
I've just completed my blue switches using XR6TK1W1's instructions. works a treat! The only thing to watch out for is the polarity. The instructions for the single switch had one of the led's around the wrong way. The red/blue wire that takes the new pin that you must fabricate is neg. polarity. I only used one blue led per switch - total of 8 led's (1 red for the rear isolation switch) for about $32.

Yeah sorry I just checked the instruction and yep I made a boo boo. The arrow shows the left side but the instruction says the right side. Sorry for that. To many late nights after long days of enjoy my new car I guess.

Dave

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, W.A.
Posted

Has anyone worked out how to eliminate the backfeed problem when the foglights are on? My blue lights are working perfectly except for the fog light backfeed.

regards, scott

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...