Jaymz Member 190 Member For: 22y 10m 1d Location: Noosa Posted 17/02/05 03:55 AM Posted 17/02/05 03:55 AM Found this elswhere..........I personally think a Turbo Territory would be a better move for FORD or FPV."Ford Australia are dismembering the only Jaguar S Type Diesel in the country, to take a good look at the motor for the Territory. 2,720cc twin-turbo V6 diesel engine: 153kW (206bhp) at 4,000 rpm; 435Nm (320 lb ft) torque at 1,900 rpm. It comes from the Ford-PSA-Peugeot-Citroen alliance. Jaguar have developed and fine tuned it.Rated at 207 PS, the output of the 2.7-litre, twin-turbo diesel engine exceeds that of the company's 2.5-litre V6 petrol engine; and the torque output of 435 Nm exceeds that of its 4.2-litre V8 engine by some six per cent."
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 17/02/05 03:59 AM Posted 17/02/05 03:59 AM bah, I wanna see some phase 3 territorys embarrasing hsv's...wouldnt that be frikkin embarrasing getting your arse handed to u by a 4x4 LOL!
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 17/02/05 04:09 AM Posted 17/02/05 04:09 AM I think it's a good idea considering the territory's fuel consumption, and Aus really is far behind europe in terms of deisel cars and technology.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 17/02/05 05:12 AM Posted 17/02/05 05:12 AM hhmmm dont know about this...JB, wat fuel consumption are you getting in your territory at the momentmy dad is getting about 14.5-15
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 17/02/05 05:20 AM Posted 17/02/05 05:20 AM The AWD one I had was getting worse fuel economy than my modded T. 15-15.5 odd and that was 50% freeway driving.I was getting 400k out of a tank with freeway driving if I was lucky.Was very impressed with the car though
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 17/02/05 05:32 AM Posted 17/02/05 05:32 AM A good diesel would make the Terri a new and via choice for many of the people mover/family/rural crowd.....Certainly convert a few away from Diesel 4wds that offer little more space and a lot more bulk.... I would thinkit's better than a Hero model with Turbo or v8..... It would also make the Terri an attractive option to Export to RHD Europe (ie UK) and Africa etc....A.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/02/05 10:31 AM Posted 17/02/05 10:31 AM Are diesel motors more economical these days in any case though? Last time I took any notice at the bowser the oily stuff was significantly dearer.Unless you're a primary producer that qualifies for rebates I can't really understand why anyone would want a diesel engine in a passenger car any more.Trent.
Skitz 6 Legacy Donating Member 115 Member For: 22y 3m 17d Location: Adelaide Posted 17/02/05 11:38 AM Posted 17/02/05 11:38 AM bah, I wanna see some phase 3 territorys embarrasing hsv's...wouldnt that be frikkin embarrasing getting your arse handed to u by a 4x4 LOL! Word around the Nizpro campfire is their stage 4 (490fkw) being dropped into one of these, AWD even.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 17/02/05 11:40 AM Posted 17/02/05 11:40 AM Are diesel motors more economical these days in any case though? Last time I took any notice at the bowser the oily stuff was significantly dearer.Unless you're a primary producer that qualifies for rebates I can't really understand why anyone would want a diesel engine in a passenger car any more.Trent.I think the latest gen of common rail disel's has FANTASTIC economy. Some Pug's are getting around 5~6L per 100Km highway running And they can be made to have power, BMW have a 3.0 I6 Twin-Turbo disel in R&D in europe making something like 200Kw and 450Nm However, for older style truck motor's I dont know what economy is like
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 22d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 18/02/05 12:33 AM Posted 18/02/05 12:33 AM I think you would be supprised how well even those big old truck engines run. They'll make 400hp and 1500nm with something like 6-7 mpg, around 35 - 45L/100km....Considering its pulling like 30t this aint bad....So a car hauler can pull around 12 cars at about 45L/100km. Not bad really, I'm sure the newer engines do better... Though, once moving, it doesn't take all that much to keep it moving.....I think my figures are about right, someone correct me please if im way off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now