rapt Legacy Donating Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Location: gippsland Posted 15/02/05 09:14 AM Posted 15/02/05 09:14 AM What time did you get using the G tech? Yeah RAPT,Me to interested in what times you pulled??? First good run 5.49 about Not sure cause I didnt know much about the G-TechNext run 5.69 this is 0 to 100 ks Blown Ba and Geea where quicker :lol: Geea 5.1 blown ba 5.2
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/02/05 09:27 AM Posted 15/02/05 09:27 AM geeseman the aps edit can be the way to go too! but at 1300 + custom tune say 400 -700 still cheaper isn't it?more to the point 5min max to 1hr eachway for a swap?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>BTW, who is the EMS tuner in sydney?Not much of a prescence of any products in sydney other than Aps or so it seems<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Vince Rigoli is a EMS tuner.He currently owns a extremely fast 1200 ute, which is damn good advertising if you ask me!
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Posted 15/02/05 01:06 PM Posted 15/02/05 01:06 PM Any of the products from the reputable dealers will give you a good result.I chose the edit because:- The EDIT will give the tuner access to everything the computer controls rather than fooling a limited number of inputs. - The download of a map is less than 5 minutes.- At lower power levels, you do not have to change anything else and you preserve you warranty (should this be a concern to you).- The EDIT gets rid of the dreaded fuel cut (if you have a manual and you don't know what I mean, you're not driving it hard enough).- In auto cars, the shifts can be made harder and the shift points can be changed.- You will get more bang for your buck, even with the cost of the custom tune added in.- DISCLAIMER -The EDIT is a tuning tool and, as such, is subject to the same performance fluctuations (read tuner's skills) as any other option. Particularly when considering a custom tune to suit your vehicle and mods.Good luck with whatever you choose.
Guest FatBAt Guests Posted 15/02/05 07:34 PM Posted 15/02/05 07:34 PM Correct me if I'm wrong. If the dealer reflashes your computer for whatever reason, does this not lose your edit?I am on the understanding that when you run the edit box it "moves" the edit to your car, not copy it. Then it replaces the new edit with your cars oem files. For their own copywright safety I guess.Please no flames....just want to know. Cheers
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 12d Location: Sydney Posted 15/02/05 09:12 PM Posted 15/02/05 09:12 PM I also have a Q.When the tuner custom tunes your car does he write the program to the flasher so that it can be reflashed if it is ever erased from the cars computer?
badxr6 HEINRICH PERFORMANCE AND TUNING Legacy Donating Member 439 Member For: 22y 8m Gender: Male Location: adelaide Posted 15/02/05 09:58 PM Posted 15/02/05 09:58 PM Correct me if I'm wrong. If the dealer reflashes your computer for whatever reason, does this not lose your edit?I am on the understanding that when you run the edit box it "moves" the edit to your car, not copy it. Then it replaces the new edit with your cars oem files. For their own copywright safety I guess.Please no flames....just want to know. Cheersthe programs are in the flasher box so if ford reflash the comp in your car you can put back you program basicly him reflashing it is a waste of time
Guest jteale Guests Posted 15/02/05 10:00 PM Posted 15/02/05 10:00 PM I also have a Q.When the tuner custom tunes your car does he write the program to the flasher so that it can be reflashed if it is ever erased from the cars computer?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just sat with a Mate who is getting his custom tune from WA ... he uploaded his stock tune back in ... sent the modified tune to WA, and is awaiting its return for him to reload back in the car ... He is awaiting the Quick Tune so he can do some of this himself ... he is more capable than I in this area but it certainly seems pretty flexible ... when some local tuners can custom tune an Edit this will be alot easier I am sure.Cheers, Jason.
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m 9d Location: sydney Posted 15/02/05 10:02 PM Author Posted 15/02/05 10:02 PM thanx for the reply guys. it sounds like I would be happy with both, but the edit with the custom tune is ahead on points at the moment.j teale I live in north sydney so I will give you a PM and see if we can meet up.geeseman I am not 100% sure but I would say that the custom tune would have to be stored on the box as there is no way that you would have to keep tuning it and paying the extra $$$ everytime you change the maps.
Guest jteale Guests Posted 15/02/05 11:05 PM Posted 15/02/05 11:05 PM thanx for the reply guys. it sounds like I would be happy with both, but the edit with the custom tune is ahead on points at the moment.j teale I live in north sydney so I will give you a PM and see if we can meet up.geeseman I am not 100% sure but I would say that the custom tune would have to be stored on the box as there is no way that you would have to keep tuning it and paying the extra $$$ everytime you change the maps.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>doublek, live in Brooky and work in Nth Ryde ... I am sure we can sort something out ... Cheers, Jason.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Posted 15/02/05 11:42 PM Posted 15/02/05 11:42 PM thanx for the reply guys. it sounds like I would be happy with both, but the edit with the custom tune is ahead on points at the moment.j teale I live in north sydney so I will give you a PM and see if we can meet up.geeseman I am not 100% sure but I would say that the custom tune would have to be stored on the box as there is no way that you would have to keep tuning it and paying the extra $$$ everytime you change the maps.Whilst I haven't had the custom tune done yet, I believe that the updated tunes would be transferred into your flash box. Moreover, the release of Quicktune will make the transfer/modification of tunes even easier.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now