aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 14d Posted 29/01/05 02:14 AM Posted 29/01/05 02:14 AM Hi Doc, We are all glad to hear the good news. It is interesting and a tribute to the designers of the BA series that you are considering buying other cars that vary in price by a factor of 4!I know several guys who are now seriously looking at something in the Ford-BA - Turbo series (BAT series), rather than their usual mid or high end BMW's when their current leases end. It's hard for them to go past the refinement, balanced design and of course the linear power that the BAT mobiles offer whether in F6 or T guise. (and no, I have nothing to do with the motor industry '...The best engine Australia has produced, with performance and refinement on par with $150,000-plus Europeans.... Taut, responsive handling. Compliant ride for a sports sedan. Powerful premium brakes. Efficient dash layout. Comfortable seats and driving position....'regardsaa
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 29/01/05 02:23 AM Posted 29/01/05 02:23 AM Maaaayte,.............. It is the GT your talking about........right?!?
aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 14d Posted 29/01/05 03:17 AM Posted 29/01/05 03:17 AM (edited) No..... ....but, it could well be. The GT is also a very nicely conceived and executed thing as far as I can tell. I haven't driven one but I do know it puts big smiles on faces... Like wine, cheese and beautiful places and well...other things - cars offer different experiences, they all have a different flavour. The trick is to find the great ones and those that appeal to you and then to spend as much time as you can enjoying them. To do this you also have to know a bit about yourself and what pushes your buttons. cheersaa Edited 29/01/05 03:20 AM by aiboart
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 29/01/05 05:16 AM Posted 29/01/05 05:16 AM No..... ....but, it could well be. The GT is also a very nicely conceived and executed thing as far as I can tell. I haven't driven one but I do know it puts big smiles on faces... Like wine, cheese and beautiful places and well...other things - cars offer different experiences, they all have a different flavour. The trick is to find the great ones and those that appeal to you and then to spend as much time as you can enjoying them. To do this you also have to know a bit about yourself and what pushes your buttons. cheersaaMaaayte,Do yourself a favour and drive one.................. Then you'll see the light!! A real muscle car.....that sounds like a muscle car!
aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 14d Posted 29/01/05 05:58 AM Posted 29/01/05 05:58 AM Yup, that's the point. It depends on what your into.I appreciate the muscle car genera, .... .... but it is not the thing that pushes my buttons. (but if you have Viper to lend me for a couple of hours I would be delighted to try it!)The big thing, for me, about the BAT's, T-Birds, Falcons (insert winged moniker here) is their refinement. I can't comment about the quad cam V8's, but hey the Turbo I test drove was a pretty special motor, so that's what I bought.cheersaa(currently accepting offers for test drives for all mid engined exotics, super lux coupes, bugs in teeth hi strung minimalist roadsters, muscle cars, convertibles... and anything else that looks like fun!)
MYF6 Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 21y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Earth, I think? Posted 29/01/05 06:32 AM Posted 29/01/05 06:32 AM Great news Doc. Good to see that someone has come to the Grey Ghosts rescue.Had my F6 moded today and now with 267rwhp the F6 lives up to the expecation! Doc, do yourself a favour and go the mods, you will love it and no Audi, other than perhaps an RS6, will ever get near you. Hi MYF6 It was the RS6 I was going to suss out, the dichomity is that they have an excellent performance and reliability reputation, but they ain't worth a can of Sardines once they are 2 years old. It will be interesting to see what the grey ghost is like when its all fixed as there are more issues than just a clutch. Still can't get over how Lynfords don't give a toss once they have your dosh, even when they know you are a volume customer. Hi Doc. Just re-read my post. The figure I have now is 367.7rwhp, not 267. DOH!!Agree with what your saying about Audi resale values. They are no better % resale than a dunnydore which is criminal when you look at the list price for something like the RS6.Get the clutch fixed like the rest of us. Wipe Lynfords like the dirty bums they are and get the Ghost moded. I'm confident 270rwkw + will put that smile right back on your face - at least it has for me!!
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 29/01/05 12:23 PM Posted 29/01/05 12:23 PM Good stuff Doc..I service my "T" at McInerny and am extremely happy with their service. Kristian has been great to deal with. Hey on a side note there is a planned cruise for all the WA guys (who are members on this site) on 27th Feb it would be great if you and RED HAWK could come down...?
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 30/01/05 12:23 AM Posted 30/01/05 12:23 AM Could'nt make it the weekend before could ya?? I'm working the 27th Feb!
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 30/01/05 11:43 AM Posted 30/01/05 11:43 AM Could'nt make it the weekend before could ya?? I'm working the 27th Feb! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm easy Hawk I could make it on the 21st of FEB as well...?
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 7m 26d Location: ACT Posted 30/01/05 10:50 PM Posted 30/01/05 10:50 PM Hi MYF6 It was the RS6 I was going to suss out, the dichomity is that they have an excellent performance and reliability reputation, but they ain't worth a can of Sardines once they are 2 years old.Not exactly the case..I have a mate with a trucking company and went to see him a couple of years ago and he showed me this car that cost more than a house on the back of his tilt tray.Apparently a fellow had shelled out just under $200k for this bad ass twin turbo Audi a few days earlier, decided to go skiing for the weekend. Hed had driven a total of 500ks, when he got as far as Cooma and stopped for lunch.After lunch got back in turned the key ..rrrrrrrrr, vrooom, clunk, grind, scrunch, chugga chugga hiss....... They suspect it had thrown a timing belt/chain and pushed a few valves asside. Spending big bucks will not always protect you from car troubles.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now