JDurance Member 7 Member For: 13y 11m 2d Posted 12/03/13 02:01 AM Posted 12/03/13 02:01 AM Hi all,Just curious if there is such a thing now days as breaking in a new motor?Reading lots of comments about how members are picking up their new toys and flogging it out of the showroom..?2013 FG Xr6t
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 13d Posted 12/03/13 03:51 AM Posted 12/03/13 03:51 AM I wouldn't worry about it too much just drive how you normally would on the street and enjoy your new car. I've driven mine fairly hard since it was new and started to modify it once I had 5000km on it.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 12/03/13 03:55 AM Posted 12/03/13 03:55 AM SMASH MY DATE :sungum:
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 13d Posted 12/03/13 04:14 AM Posted 12/03/13 04:14 AM Lol paulie I hope you have followed a run in procedure or it could be painful
Stevebag Member 26 Member For: 12y 11m 29d Posted 19/10/13 11:31 AM Posted 19/10/13 11:31 AM Hi all,With only a few days till I pik up the new FG II XR6 T auto, I recall reading some posts about car 'remembering' your driving style, and people attempting to reset things so it would drive harder.Got me thinking, is there any particular process I should follow for running in a new vehicle?Secondly - I will be towing the caravan in a few weeks (Melb Cup Day long weekend - woo hoo!) - and she will have bugger all km's under the belt.....it wont 'remember' these towing conditions as 'normal' will it?Should I refrain from towing with so few km's?Any advice appreciated.Steve
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/10/13 12:02 PM Posted 19/10/13 12:02 PM (edited) Mate let warm up then drive it with spirit. I reckon towing will help it. Edited 19/10/13 12:02 PM by Kimberley Scott
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/10/13 12:37 PM Posted 19/10/13 12:37 PM Do not DO NOT USE CRUZ CONTROL till after 3 or 5000. Well that's what I was always told. Good luck mate enjoy the 6t
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/10/13 01:02 PM Posted 19/10/13 01:02 PM My opinion and it's only that, an opinion. Is the days of running in an engine is gone. Engine build technology and oils gave got better. So they don't need running in. Now I might be wrong. But a lot of people give their engine stick and mod them from low Kay's to no detriment. Police vehicles don't get run in. Now holes in dash etc, dinged rims and worn out suspension aside. The engines pull like trains. My thoughts, and I ain't a tuner or a mechanic.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 16d Gender: Male Posted 19/10/13 07:23 PM Posted 19/10/13 07:23 PM When I picked my MK2 up March last year... Thrashed from day 1... Not a problem in the world with it... Just don't baby it, and I mean thrashed.. Now I have great fuel economy and pulled 240rwks stock. 1
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 19/10/13 08:53 PM Posted 19/10/13 08:53 PM You will be right to tow with it.Just allow the engine to warm up.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now