Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

hey lots of you during various parts of the day showed interest in the posible cure I may have? so rather than take over some one elses thread I thaught I would be good to start this side thread!!!

unlike the other thread all I would like is a description of your symptoms and weather or not you would like to be a guinea pig?

pls only post your genuine experiances not some one elses as this will not only give me a clearer picture but also others.

dont forget to mention frequancy/severity of cuts.

I will free of labour charge attempt to cure this for 1 only candidate

regards dynowog

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
hey lots of you during various parts of the day showed interest in the posible cure I may have? so rather than take over some one elses thread I thaught I would be good to start this side thread!!!

unlike the other thread all I would like is a description of your symptoms and weather or not you would like to be a guinea pig?

pls only post your genuine experiances not some one elses as this will not only give me a clearer picture but also others.

dont forget to mention frequancy/severity of cuts.

I will free of labour charge attempt to cure this for 1 only candidate

regards dynowog

If I was in Melbourne you could have my car as long as you liked!Are you going to make public your findings Dyno W?

If its any help mine does it the first time you boot it after 8-10 kms of steady driving on light to medium throttle.usually does it a second time and then goes ok.But then after driving steady for a while it'll do it again if you boot it.Usually happens when the air temp is 20c or lower.If a take it for a big thrash it'll overboost 2-3 times and then its OK andI can boot it continually for the rest of that trip.

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

My car will overboost on demand. Might have something to do with the mods I have though.... full APS exhaust system and a XR8 Airbox with BMC filter.

Anytime I give my car more than, say, 50% throttle, I have to keep a eye on the boost gauge, or else it will go into limp-mode.

If I floor it, overboost no worries! Ive learnt to live with it, I can usually tell when it is about to go into limp mode.

It doesn't worry me greatly, when the Edit software becomes available, I will look at it then. With the way its looking, the year 2008 should be right! :lol:

But if you want to have a go Nick, you're welcome!

Posted

Ms700 do you have to re start the car or do ya just floor it on off pedal???

Had to turn off and restart my bomb to ger rid of limp mode :gooff:

vik

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Ms700 do you have to re start the car or do ya just floor it on off pedal???

Had to turn off and restart my bomb to ger rid of limp mode :gooff:

vik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends Vik...

Usually, after, shall we say, a "encounter :lol: " at traffic lights, it will require a re-start, but sometimes, if im just giving it a bootfull (not floored), it will go onto 3 cyl's, then if I coast for a few hundred metres, it "may" right itself, its only done this twice though.

But, generally, if you floor it, and stay on it for up to 5 secs, it will overboost, and will require a re-start. :gooff:

Posted
Usually, after, shall we say, a "encounter :lol: " at traffic lights, it will require a re-start, but sometimes, if im just giving it a bootfull (not floored), it will go onto 3 cyl's, then if I coast for a few hundred metres, it "may" right itself, its only done this twice though.

But, generally, if you floor it, and stay on it for up to 5 secs, it will overboost, and will require a re-start. :gooff:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try releasing the throttle then booting it straightaway that seem to be the way most get through it and yes I do need 1 that does it pretty much on demand but how are you going to workout the canberra thing into the equation? :gooff::gooff:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 14d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

You saw mine Nick, as you were at the wheel when it happened. The car was still not up to full operating temp, you put the boot in and she went into limp mode, we corrected it she warmed up and then was completely fine.

Posted
You saw mine Nick, as you were at the wheel when it happened. The car was still not up to full operating temp, you put the boot in and she went into limp mode, we corrected it she warmed up and then was completely fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah seen heeps now that's what makes me confident of a fix just need to trial my theories that's all.

im amazed at the fact that its every second car or more virtually that came to the dyno day do it including the piggy backed units that cant posibly doit tunned right?

dont want to say it but if you have the voltage clamped it cant see overboost so all of you with piggy backs doing it see another tunner for analysis of mixtures etc!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 11d
  • Location: Eastern Victoria
Posted

So I presume your fix did not work Dynowog. Or are you still waiting for a volunteer?

I was at my dealer yesterday and they said Ford will have a new computer flash to cure this overboost in stock cars 'very soon'. I'd like to see that.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...