tomsykes Member 35 Member For: 23y 2m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 06/11/04 12:42 PM Posted 06/11/04 12:42 PM Hi forum,Have a 1.5 month old XR8 and the rear right side suspension is started to produce squeaking noises (usually when driving over bumps or when cornering).It is starting to become very annoying. Anyone else had this and if so, what was the resolution?
lachlanj Member 57 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Location: Ballarat Posted 07/11/04 01:30 AM Posted 07/11/04 01:30 AM (edited) Welcome to the club! I have had mine looked at three times so far and nothing can be found... I have noticed that it happens more on warmer days or when I have a passanger in the rear. I can hit the largest bumps in the world and no noise but if I hit a slight dip in the road, it's there. There are a couple of threads on this floating around but no answers have been found as of yet. Hopefully you can ge some answers and let us know.Good luck,Lachlan Edited 07/11/04 01:31 AM by lachlanj
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Location: Toowoomba Posted 07/11/04 06:18 PM Posted 07/11/04 06:18 PM I notice my right rear suspension squeeks a little sometimes when I get out of the car, only happens very occasionaly and hasnt happened since I had my car lowered 3 weeks ago.Dazza.
exar Member 187 Member For: 22y 6m 27d Posted 07/11/04 10:37 PM Posted 07/11/04 10:37 PM I notice my right rear suspension squeeks a little sometimes when I get out of the car, only happens very occasionaly and hasnt happened since I had my car lowered 3 weeks ago.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guys, I had EXACTLY this problem in my XR6T (descriptions are so close to my experience it is eerie) and Ford fixed it completely. They dropped the suspension out, replaced the suspect bush, and lubed other stuff while they had it out.Dead silence now.BTW: 2 other XRs at the same had similar squeeks. Is this a systemic problem - something altered at the factory causing it?
lachlanj Member 57 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Location: Ballarat Posted 08/11/04 12:15 AM Posted 08/11/04 12:15 AM I have been told that unless they can hear the noise, they can't fix it which is fair enough. The problem is that I can never get it to do it when it is there to be looked at.
exar Member 187 Member For: 22y 6m 27d Posted 08/11/04 12:27 AM Posted 08/11/04 12:27 AM I have been told that unless they can hear the noise, they can't fix it which is fair enough. The problem is that I can never get it to do it when it is there to be looked at.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, I had that problem. Booked it in on for Monday, and the Sunday before that, it went quiet. Because they could not hear it, they were unable to fix it.Picked it up, and sure enough, next morning it squeeked all the way to work, so I detoured to Ford. Having heard it, they booked it in for the next day, and luckily, it was still making the noise. Problem fixed.I would think that their database must be building up, and typical suspects for the cause of the squeeks must be emerging. Maybe it's one particular bush, and they'll be able to just replace them when a customer reports this squeek.
alanb007 Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 22y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Miranda NSW Posted 08/11/04 09:40 AM Posted 08/11/04 09:40 AM My XR6T had the squeek after about 1 month. Same deal, driver side rear and would come and go.Dominelli Ford (Kirrawee) fixed it after 3 attempts.They say they reseated the spring etc. I hope I am not tempting fate by saying it is cured!Now squeek free for about 2 months.Good luck getting it fixed!
tomsykes Member 35 Member For: 23y 2m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/11/04 10:13 AM Author Posted 11/11/04 10:13 AM There is a clunking noise in my car now. Whenever I corner or drive over speedbumps in the car park, there is sharp knocking/loose sound coming from the rear.Took it to Etheridge ford and they put it on the hoist but couldn't see anything obvious. They suggested it could be the wooden cover on the spare wheel causing the knock.The squeak is still there (easy to replicate the noise). Dealer said it may be some bush.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 22d Location: Adelaide Posted 11/11/04 02:21 PM Posted 11/11/04 02:21 PM ive got a squeek that happens whenever I turn into the car park at work...theres no other type of corner that seems to do it so one day after work I put down all the windows and went in and out of the car park until I could hear where the squeek was coming from - turns out its the front right somewhere. Not a big problem - can just hear it that's all. I'll put up with it till the 30k service.
exar Member 187 Member For: 22y 6m 27d Posted 11/11/04 10:17 PM Posted 11/11/04 10:17 PM There is a clunking noise in my car now. Whenever I corner or drive over speedbumps in the car park, there is sharp knocking/loose sound coming from the rear.Took it to Etheridge ford and they put it on the hoist but couldn't see anything obvious. They suggested it could be the wooden cover on the spare wheel causing the knock.The squeak is still there (easy to replicate the noise). Dealer said it may be some bush.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had that a while back. I too suspected the spare wheel cover etc - bloody cheap looking effort that - I want a real screw down clamp . It turned out to be a bit of rock had found it's way up into the suspension and refused to fall out. Took a while to find
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now