geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 25/10/04 01:03 AM Posted 25/10/04 01:03 AM Hey guys, I'm heading out to Calder on Friday possibly for the last time this year. Nizpro have lowered the mark a touch using the Nitto's and I'd like to get it back. I had a problem with traction last time. My 60' on my best run was 2.039 compared to Nizpro's 1.87 I also had wheel spin mid track in 1st.Now the help I'm after is the use of some drag radials similar to what Nizpro used. I'm happy to pay for the rubber I use or if someone knows where I can get Nitto's or similar to fit the Ford 17" rims I have 2 brand new Dunlop3000A's that could be used in a part swap/buy. I can't afford to be spending too much on tyres for one night so I wont be forking out big $'s.Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.Geea.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 25/10/04 01:09 AM Posted 25/10/04 01:09 AM Gman,isn't there a place down there that can recap your own tyres with a slick compound surface. I've read about it in Bob Komtels column in Street Machine a while back. He was using it on a ute that ran 10's at the time.I'll have to have a think about where to find such an article now, but you might stop at your newsagent & look through a "Dragster Australia" magazine for an add, a good place to start anyhows.Scotty
Guest Guests Posted 25/10/04 06:49 AM Posted 25/10/04 06:49 AM hey geea see what I can find for you call me or pm if you need any other help as well
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 25/10/04 09:00 AM Posted 25/10/04 09:00 AM BUGGGER!!! I thought you must have had an overload of job interviews to conduct - I was going to offer a hand - hmmm, or whatever :smilielol:
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 10d Location: Toowoomba Posted 26/10/04 02:41 PM Posted 26/10/04 02:41 PM Geea, I dont know what range big bucks is to you, but you could try some semi slick tyres, Fulken make some which I think are priced only a little higher than normal road tyres. There were some shelby cobra replicas running them at willowbank a few trips ago, and these things were launching hard with them on. They might be the same sort of thing you are talking about, I dont know what Nitto's are.Dazza.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 27/10/04 06:13 AM Posted 27/10/04 06:13 AM Geea, I dont know what range big bucks is to you, but you could try some semi slick tyres, Fulken make some which I think are priced only a little higher than normal road tyres. There were some shelby cobra replicas running them at willowbank a few trips ago, and these things were launching hard with them on. They might be the same sort of thing you are talking about, I dont know what Nitto's are.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dazza any semi-slicks would cost over the 400 mark.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 27/10/04 06:25 AM Author Posted 27/10/04 06:25 AM At the moment my main hope is Nick (Dynowog). He has a friend who may be able to lend me a set of road legal drag tyres, not sure what type. If this doesn't eventuate I think I'll be going out on the factory Dunlops again. I have heard there is a spray that you can spary on tyres to make them stickier. Is this true or is it crap. If it's true is it effective and how much, where from.Geea.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 27/10/04 09:53 AM Posted 27/10/04 09:53 AM At the moment my main hope is Nick (Dynowog). He has a friend who may be able to lend me a set of road legal drag tyres, not sure what type. If this doesn't eventuate I think I'll be going out on the factory Dunlops again. I have heard there is a spray that you can spary on tyres to make them stickier. Is this true or is it crap. If it's true is it effective and how much, where from.Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't know of that one ... but ... if you spray some silicon tyre black on your opponents treads he won't be able to catch you
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 27/10/04 10:13 AM Posted 27/10/04 10:13 AM I have heard there is a spray that you can spary on tyres to make them stickier. Is this true or is it crap. If it's true is it effective and how much, where from.Geea. that's probably VHT (don't know what it stands for though or where you get it)
Guest Elvis Brown Guests Posted 27/10/04 10:41 AM Posted 27/10/04 10:41 AM Not sure, but this may be what you’re looking for? Tyer SoftenerI ran across it the other day when looking for nitrous kits…the blurb from the site reads as follows:“AZNU Tyre Softener was initially developed especially for drag raceapplication, as many tracks were banning the use of traction compound likeVHT to speed the meetings up. It is also being used for all types of motorracing from Go Karts to Nascar.This product is applied to the race tyres whether they be slicks or treadedtyres at least 24 hours prior to the race to soften the rubber back to original specification and sometimes even better than when new.A 'NEW IMPROVED FORMULA' was introduced in late 1998 and has proven to giveeven better results than before. So rest assured that AZNU Tyre Softener has the latest technology included.”
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now