XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Posted 14/11/04 09:58 AM Posted 14/11/04 09:58 AM This is a ford warranty problem, not owners forking out money for a fix...If you put an edit in it not authorised by Ford then it could be a case of bye bye warranty
Guest Guests Posted 14/11/04 10:00 AM Posted 14/11/04 10:00 AM At no time in the past have you told me it available or where, if you have please show me where and Ill eat my words.I told you in this thread - http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t...99&page=3&pp=25the one you were banned from for abusive behaviourStart eating.....<{POST_SNAPBACK}>eugene someone else also said it on this forum! sorry but true!
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 14/11/04 10:04 AM Posted 14/11/04 10:04 AM At no time in the past have you told me it available or where, if you have please show me where and Ill eat my words.I told you in this thread - http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t...99&page=3&pp=25the one you were banned from for abusive behaviourStart eating.....<{POST_SNAPBACK}> For starters, I cant read that, because I am banned, the abusive behavour you speak of was asking, when it was going to be released and some performance data, none of which has been forth coming( the performance bit), no I didnt back down when warned, and pushed the envelope when I thought it needed it, but all I got was book in and wait. not good enough.I havnt seen the post you refer to, so sorry about that, Ill eat away, I dont want to end up in a sh*t fight with you, I am keen on the idea of the edit, all I ask is some basic info, but that seems too hard, if the info isnt available just tell me and Ill go away and annoy someone else.The guys at the FF seem only keen on how it will go in a BOSS with cams etc etc, I dont have a boss engine, I dont want a boss engine, just some answers as to the expected performance of the edit in a turbo/auto combination, I would assume, the most popular combo of engine/trans owned by members here.could you maybe answer some of my questions from my earlier post?thanks
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 14/11/04 10:09 AM Posted 14/11/04 10:09 AM At no time in the past have you told me it available or where, if you have please show me where and Ill eat my words.I told you in this thread - http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t...99&page=3&pp=25the one you were banned from for abusive behaviourStart eating.....<{POST_SNAPBACK}>eugene someone else also said it on this forum! sorry but true!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>No problem, I'll step up if im wrong, I cant recall seeing that info, is there a web page with info on the day anywhere?I am in NSW so I doubt I will go, but I wouldnt mind finding out about it none the less.Will the units be available to take away on the day (cash and carry so to speak) ???
Guest Guests Posted 14/11/04 10:14 AM Posted 14/11/04 10:14 AM ]No problem, I'll step up if im wrong, I cant recall seeing that info, is there a web page with info on the day anywhere?I am in NSW so I doubt I will go, but I wouldnt mind finding out about it none the less.Will the units be available to take away on the day (cash and carry so to speak) ???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>no I dont think it actually said the date and time from my recolection it just said that they confirmed release for the Expensive Daewoo and ford show!!!!
Guest Guests Posted 14/11/04 10:35 AM Posted 14/11/04 10:35 AM ]No problem, I'll step up if im wrong, I cant recall seeing that info, is there a web page with info on the day anywhere?I am in NSW so I doubt I will go, but I wouldnt mind finding out about it none the less.Will the units be available to take away on the day (cash and carry so to speak) ???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>no I dont think it actually said the date and time from my recolection it just said that they confirmed release for the Expensive Daewoo and ford show!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>xrturb post443 in the 280rwkw thread
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 14/11/04 12:41 PM Posted 14/11/04 12:41 PM Fixing the problem is as simple as changing one constant - the OVERBOOST_FOR_OPEN_LOOP_DCERROR using the new Flash Tuner. The only problem from the factory is that the 'protection limits' are set too close to actual boost, and the duty cycle control of the wastegate set too coarse and prone to wander. Under the right driving conditions you can trigger the error every time. Resolving the problem is a very easy 5 minute fix using the CAPA Flash Tuner for these cars....plus add 5psi extra boost...safely...just for the sake of it.It should be a very easy FREE 5 minute fix from my bloody Ford dealer
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Posted 14/11/04 07:56 PM Posted 14/11/04 07:56 PM Ok, attached is one of our original XR6 Turbo dyno graphs. The 'before' for this totally stock, auto trans example was a reasonable 195rwkw. Now, only using the CAPA Flash Tuner software, retaining the original injectors exhaust etc we were able to raise system boost pressure to 9psi, alter the cam timing for a major torque hike down low, and then back the boost off at the top end to compensate for injectors that were starting to run low on duty cycle.
Miss_Aly Legacy Donating Member 615 Member For: 22y 4m 28d Gender: Female Posted 15/11/04 10:43 AM Posted 15/11/04 10:43 AM As my car has been in love with the so called 'over boost' since it's 15000k service, I have had overboost at least 20 times in the past 8 weeks and gradually got worse in the last fortnight with it happening every time I gave the car a squirt! It got to 4500RPM then overboost (loss of power) to me it feels/ sounds like there is too much pressure going in then it bursts. Just like when you fill a balloon up to it's capacity then bursts. With coming up to the Dyno Day on Saturday just gone in Melbourne, I wanted Ford to 'fix' the problem, which they told me they did for now until they get the new fix apparently around 14th December. I drove out of Ford and gave it a squirt and there seemed that there wasn't as much power as there was when I drove in, no overboost which I was very happy about. They didn't tell me how they fixed the so called 'overboost'.On Dyno Day, I was very excited to see what the outcome would be on the Dyno. First run it overboosted in 3rd gear at 140rwkw. On the next run the maxium was 162rwkw. I wasn't happy and was very embarrsed, I was told by Dynowog and some of the other guys that Ford obviously didn't fix the overboost, they just detuned it!! My husband is going in tomorrow to see Ford to give them a mouthfull!!From what the service manager told us, they removed a pipe to bypass the computer control of the turbo which drops the power by 20 to 30 kw. They tell us it's a bandage fix until Ford releases the real fix due in December.
Guest Guests Posted 15/11/04 11:05 AM Posted 15/11/04 11:05 AM From what the service manager told us, they removed a pipe to bypass the computer control of the turbo which drops the power by 20 to 30 kw. They tell us it's a bandage fix until Ford releases the real fix due in December.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey alythere is 2 hoses 1 go's from the comp cover to the solenoid just below the battery and the other go's from the solenoid to the wastegate. the mod they did is by pass the solenoid efectivly reducing boost to bare minimum that's your power loss!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now