stardust Member 537 Member For: 22y 2m 26d Location: Brisbane Posted 06/10/04 11:33 AM Posted 06/10/04 11:33 AM Zap where did you get the the pod that holds the guages from ?Ken
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/10/04 01:01 PM Author Posted 06/10/04 01:01 PM Chiptorque $100 painted & delivered. Mention you are a forum member. I think SS Inductions have them as well. They have 3 types. Unpainted, paintted same as console plastic or painted same as dash....I got the last one. It is not perfect, but I like it
zakxr8 Member 14 Member For: 19y 5m 22d Posted 20/04/07 12:41 AM Posted 20/04/07 12:41 AM That is great info, what is the thread and size on the original ford oil switch.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/04/07 01:02 AM Posted 20/04/07 01:02 AM As per usual, great instructions
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 20/04/07 03:46 AM Posted 20/04/07 03:46 AM I have got the thread size written down at home. Will post later. I bought a brass tee fitting and reducer to get down 1/4 NPT for the sender for a total of $8.00. Also I installed the tee without dropping the oil. Thee amount of oil that comes out is just a dribble after you remove the pressure switch. The thread is a common BSP size ... I had a plug in my toolbox with the same thread that I just screwed into the hole to plug the dribble while I put thread seal tape onto the pressure switch and assembled the tee.Leave the collar in place and just unscrew the pressure switch.Cheers,Scott
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 20/04/07 09:53 AM Posted 20/04/07 09:53 AM Thread on the oil pressure switch is a 1/4" BSP 19 TPI. So if you get a Brass tee with a male and two female, all with that thread you also need a reducer to get down to 1/8" NPT ... the thread size on most sender units.Ignore the 1/4 NPT referred to in the previous post ... I meant to say 1/8 NPTHope this helps.Cheers,Scott
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/04/07 10:02 AM Posted 20/04/07 10:02 AM Excellent write up we need more like this!! just a quick note bout thread tape. Make sure you wind the fitting into the tape as if you where tightening the fitting. Then when you break the tape off the end off the tape points the opposite way to the direction you turn the fitting to tighten it.this stops the end of the thread tape from bunching up as you tighten the fitting and preventing a seal.... for my money you can go past a good hydraulic thread sealant. alot more exxy then tape but no chance of leaks.
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 13/07/07 10:48 AM Posted 13/07/07 10:48 AM This is a photo of the $8.00 worth of fittings used to fit a 1/8" NPT thread oil pressure sender to my own vehicle.Two fittings could be used together to fit two senders and the standard switch.Cheers,Scott
MKIIXR6T Member 5 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Posted 14/04/08 10:30 AM Posted 14/04/08 10:30 AM This is a photo of the $8.00 worth of fittings used to fit a 1/8" NPT thread oil pressure sender to my own vehicle.Two fittings could be used together to fit two senders and the standard switch.Cheers,ScottHi Guys.Im about to set this up aswell. Im wondering what kind of sender unit you guys bought as I have the original FPV gauges - not the aftermarket ones. I understand VDO made the oil pressure sender unit for FPV. Can anyone confirm what the part no. is. Is it 360.001??
morton Member 14 Member For: 16y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 06/10/10 10:54 AM Posted 06/10/10 10:54 AM thanks for the valuable info. been doing my head in looking for the oil pressure sender.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now