Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 11d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
Thanks for your interest guys.

The cost will be around $7000. this includes front and rear bars, side skirts, custom CF bonnet with meshed vents (the CF will be coated in a clear purple tint, giving it an awesome effect in some light. Sounds poofy, but you have to see it to appreciate it.) I will decide about the wing when I see it in the flesh. If I'm not happy with it, I'll de-wing it and leave the boot with a clear line.

The road clearance will be 120 mil - below 100 and you cop a defect notice. I mat still look into height adjustable air suspension. I know jack sh*t about this, so I'm open to feedback/comments from you guys. I'd love to be able to raise the height when driving, and let it sit low when parked.

I know my car is not a V8, nor is it a supercar. But I want this kit on my car because it has made the current Ford supercars look more agressive, purposeful and imposing than any other Ford I have ever seen. (Remember I was a HSV guy until I bought the T 14 months ago) And I love it, that's why I want it on my car.

Phasen - what material is this kit made out of?

Dazza.

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
I will decide about the wing when I see it in the flesh. If I'm not happy with it, I'll de-wing it and leave the boot with a clear line.

That would be my only qualm, the spoiler.

If you flicked it off and went with out one, the tail would look much cleaner and it would draw the eye down.

That would be very sweet indeed!

Spot On...Depsoiler it!

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
custom CF bonnet (the CF will be coated in a clear purple tint,

Phasen - what material is this kit made out of?

CF, carbon fibre

Scotty

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 10d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The front bumper has less open space than the existing BA XR6, which means you'll get less air to the intercooler. That's one reason not to do it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mexico
Posted

Mate that will look fantastic, I have seen a pick of a BA XR8 ute with the V8 Front bar on it and the only think is you should trim down the Lip.

I have seen a Au XR8 Sedan and now a Au XR8 Ute done like this and they look fantastic :thumbsup:

Although those pics of the rear bar are of an AU V8Supercar so you may want to get the Ba one :welcome2:

Besides that good luck cannot wait to see it finished :k24t:

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 11d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
custom CF bonnet (the CF will be coated in a clear purple tint,

Phasen - what material is this kit made out of?

CF, carbon fibre

Scotty

that's for the bonnet only, he didnt mention if the whole kit was made from carbon fibre.

Dazza.

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

Looks good to me. Put a vented Xr8 grill on it and it will be insane.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 11d
  • Location: Need one..
Posted
custom CF bonnet (the CF will be coated in a clear purple tint,

Phasen - what material is this kit made out of?

CF, carbon fibre

Scotty

that's for the bonnet only, he didnt mention if the whole kit was made from carbon fibre.

Dazza.

The bonnet will be the only carbon fibre piece, weighing around 6 kg - the rest is fibreglass.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 6d
Posted
but it's not a V8 Supercar so why try to make it look like one?

why not?????

PHASE 3_PASHEN mentions that (despite big performance) it's not a V8 or a V8 Supercar. I think a Phase III T has it's own credibility and doesn't need to look like a V8 dedicated race car.

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 11d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
custom CF bonnet (the CF will be coated in a clear purple tint,

Phasen - what material is this kit made out of?

CF, carbon fibre

Scotty

that's for the bonnet only, he didnt mention if the whole kit was made from carbon fibre.

Dazza.

The bonnet will be the only carbon fibre piece, weighing around 6 kg - the rest is fibreglass.

Does that scare you at all phasen, fibreglass is pretty flimsy especially for front and rear bars and the ticket price is pretty huge for a fibre glass kit, although I pressume the CF bonnet takes up a fair chunk of that money. I had a fibre glass kit on my SSS pulsar, and I was so careful with it, but it was impossible to keep in good nik, stone chips especially are so much worse on fibre glass.

Dazza.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...