Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 27d
Posted

Hi,

If I were to get a late 04 build possibly September. Have the Driveline issues been resolved.

specifically in the Manual. I know alot of you will say wait for the MKII because of T56 box(I have another thread open on this topic, BA1vsBAII

So yeah do we know for sure if these issues are resolved as I know that the Brake shudder issue was resolved.

Thanks

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 2d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

l would like to know the answer to this too.

Ford arent going to publicise this though, if its fixed the first we will know is when we start hearing of other peoples experiences. It better be :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
Posted

I had a whining diff, no shunt or clunk though

Showed the dealer, was nice to them, got a diff replacement in a matter if weeks

Whether it is fixed though..is the problem. Depends on whether the pinion and crownwheel matches up correctly with a suitable tolerance

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mine is a april 04 and it shunts like a bas*ard. I would think the mark 2 will be better if it has a better gearbox.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

mine is dec03 and clunks like a steam train...... you might be right that the late 04's have been fixed...... but wait till someone buys one first and you hear of their experiences :censored:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 21d
Posted
l would like to know the answer to this too.

Ford arent going to publicise this though, if its fixed the first we will know is when we start hearing of other peoples experiences. It better be :spoton:

Mine just came off the line about a week ago (I get it in a couple of weeks (lease starts then)) but it's an auto, so don't know if the driveline issues are applicable.

I am hoping that something built so late in the run will have most, maybe ALL, of the bugs ironed out. I guess I'll let you know :-)

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 2d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

Thanks mate, good luck with it :spoton:

The shunt is a lot less noticeable win the autos but owners have reported it. l would like to think ford have this issue resolved by now, but l am not so sure :blink:

Guest jteale
  • Guests
Posted

Mine is a late May 04 (Auto) and it is extremely quiet in the driveline ... but I compare the whole car to my old AUII and my EL, etc etc ... it is certainly no noisier than my mates Subaru's (Liberty and WRX) and heaps better than most Holdens I have driven (VS, VTII and VX) but it is only 2 months old ... so we shall see :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 21d
Posted
Mine is a late May 04 (Auto) and it is extremely quiet in the driveline ... but I compare the whole car to my old AUII and my EL, etc etc ... it is certainly no noisier than my mates Subaru's (Liberty and WRX) and heaps better than most Holdens I have driven (VS, VTII and VX) but it is only 2 months old ... so we shall see :spoton:

My AUII Fairmont auto has a clunk after reversing and moving to drive. It has become slowly more noticeable with time, so I guess it's just wear and tear. If the XR6T is no worse, I will be happy I suppose.

Guest jteale
  • Guests
Posted
My AUII Fairmont auto has a clunk after reversing and moving to drive. It has become slowly more noticeable with time, so I guess it's just wear and tear. If the XR6T is no worse, I will be happy I suppose.

Mmm... did have some cluck their as well, the Auto in the BA does seem smoother that I can tell, obviously quite different with SSS as well ...

I think generally the BA has improved over time, I am sure Ford progressively improve the Falcon, rather than wait for series updates. I would be surprised if there is much difference between a BA (Auto) made in Oct and a MkII made in the same month.

Alot of people have had issues with driveline especially with the T5 manual gearbox and diff, lets hope that the new diff and gearbox on the MkII puts that to bed finally :smilielol:

Cheers, Jason

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...