Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Guys I had taken out spark plugs today only to find the ceramic with a film of orange powder.Is this because of fuel?Or wrong plug?Any suugestion are welcomed

Guest LOK@ChipTorque
  • Guests
Posted
Guys I had taken out spark plugs today only to find the ceramic with a film of orange powder.Is this because of fuel?Or wrong plug?Any suugestion are welcomed

Most common cause - too much octane booster. By the time its a noticable orange film, it's normally conductive ie. forms a suitable current path to ground instead of allowing a spark across the plug gap under boost/high load

Lachlan

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 13d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

How often should you change the plugs in your T, especially if it runs optimax and has had an aftermarket ECU fitted?

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
Guys I had taken out spark plugs today only to find the ceramic with a film of orange powder.Is this because of fuel?Or wrong plug?Any suugestion are welcomed

Most common cause - too much octane booster. By the time its a noticable orange film, it's normally conductive ie. forms a suitable current path to ground instead of allowing a spark across the plug gap under boost/high load

Lachlan

Hey Lok can you explain more....l mean too much octane boost??? l've run all my cars on optimax and never change types, does that mean we should use UL every so often too?

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 14d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
Guys I had taken out spark plugs today only to find the ceramic with a film of orange powder.Is this because of fuel?Or wrong plug?Any suugestion are welcomed

Most common cause - too much octane booster. By the time its a noticable orange film, it's normally conductive ie. forms a suitable current path to ground instead of allowing a spark across the plug gap under boost/high load

Lachlan

Hey Lok can you explain more....l mean too much octane boost??? l've run all my cars on optimax and never change types, does that mean we should use UL every so often too?

Do you mean octane booster as an additive in the fuel, or octane booster the driver adds to the fuel?

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
Guys I had taken out spark plugs today only to find the ceramic with a film of orange powder.Is this because of fuel?Or wrong plug?Any suugestion are welcomed

Most common cause - too much octane booster. By the time its a noticable orange film, it's normally conductive ie. forms a suitable current path to ground instead of allowing a spark across the plug gap under boost/high load

Lachlan

Hey Lok can you explain more....l mean too much octane boost??? l've run all my cars on optimax and never change types, does that mean we should use UL every so often too?

Do you mean octane booster as an additive in the fuel, or octane booster the driver adds to the fuel?

I don't use octane boost additives

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
Hey Lok can you explain more....l mean too much octane boost??? l've run all my cars on optimax and never change types, does that mean we should use UL every so often too?

If you have got mods ( chipped ) I wouldn't if I was you.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted
Hey Lok can you explain more....l mean too much octane boost??? l've run all my cars on optimax and never change types, does that mean we should use UL every so often too?

If you have got mods ( chipped ) I wouldn't if I was you.

:jerry:

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
Hey Lok can you explain more....l mean too much octane boost??? l've run all my cars on optimax and never change types, does that mean we should use UL every so often too?

If you have got mods ( chipped ) I wouldn't if I was you.

:jerry:

There seems to be lots of :jerry: :lol:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
Hey Lok can you explain more....l mean too much octane boost??? l've run all my cars on optimax and never change types, does that mean we should use UL every so often too?

If you have got mods ( chipped ) I wouldn't if I was you.

:jerry:

There seems to be lots of :wub: :lol:

yeah there does , glad it's not me :jerry: Dumb answers to even dumber questions. :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...