YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 27/07/04 07:36 PM Posted 27/07/04 07:36 PM Hey, I just found this thread. I will own up now.And my T is stock.Would you care to put the people who siad that your stock T couldn't outrun a GTS in their place for us? How did you do it?
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 28/07/04 02:56 AM Posted 28/07/04 02:56 AM I can only give you my opinion and I am sure there are a sh*t load of people who share this opinion. Yep, just not hereScotty
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 2m 29d Location: sydney Posted 28/07/04 05:45 AM Posted 28/07/04 05:45 AM I am sure car lovers could appreciate it, even if they are from the xr6 forums.
Guest jteale Guests Posted 28/07/04 06:03 AM Posted 28/07/04 06:03 AM I am sure car lovers could appreciate it, even if they are from the xr6 forums.Not sure I agree ... I seem to remember when they compared all the Aussie Performance cars in Motor they rated the GT and XR6T higher than the GTS ... but saying that if I had 90k to spend it wouldn't be very high on my list ... I drove a modded GTP which would have been (after mods) around 90K and it certainly looked better and I would say went better IMHO ... it was Herrod modded so Exhaust, Supercharger, Lowered, etc etc ... Similar to DJR but GTP Brembos, wheels, etc ... It was a Sweet ride and a dealer principles car ... And a Ford ... :lol: Cheers, Jason.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/07/04 06:35 AM Posted 28/07/04 06:35 AM Jason,That wouldn't have been the black GTP with the number plates THEGTP ?I saw one at service with a very deep exhaust note that was setting all the alarms off in Service the other day. Sounded mean.
Guest jteale Guests Posted 28/07/04 07:28 AM Posted 28/07/04 07:28 AM Jason,That wouldn't have been the black GTP with the number plates THEGTP ?I saw one at service with a very deep exhaust note that was setting all the alarms off in Service the other day. Sounded mean. Mal,Mate, it isn't ... haven't seen that one ... I drove this one in WA ... at the only WA Herrod Dealer ... so no guesses where it was ... but it was Black ... and it moved like nothing else ... owner was overseas ... great dealership BTW ... (only privately owned dealership in WA) ... would have bought my T there if I lived back there ... That on any GTS I have seen ... and I reckon you could do it for 90K ... I would think if Ford ever does a GTHO this would be pretty close to what they should do ... BTW was for sale at this time ... but a little second hand :lol: I certainly flogged it
Guest coltyu. Guests Posted 28/07/04 07:38 AM Posted 28/07/04 07:38 AM A supercharged GT-HO wouldnt be as good as a naturally aspirated one
Guest jteale Guests Posted 28/07/04 07:38 AM Posted 28/07/04 07:38 AM Actually found a piccy of the actual car I drove ... for you HSV GTS lovers ... this is how you do a body kit
Guest jteale Guests Posted 28/07/04 07:41 AM Posted 28/07/04 07:41 AM A supercharged GT-HO wouldnt be as good as a naturally aspirated one Mmmm, maybe down low ... the same, still got the same NA motor, but up higher she goes ... really
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 28/07/04 07:57 AM Posted 28/07/04 07:57 AM jtealeI remember seeing thta beast a while ago (live a few k's from that dealership) Must say they are fantastic in every aspect. That GTP'S exhaust note was mind blowing. I want one
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now