Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

Probably is possible to make those sort of power figures but I dare say engine life would be decreased dramatically. :spoton:

Hand_Grenade.jpg

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • What's happening?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Steel City, NSW
Posted

APS have already answered/addressed this question HERE.

Chris, Just to clarify the power figures.........what you are quoting is WRONG, the power measurement at the show is Horsepower not Kilowatts, so the additional power we are generating over the stock Phase III system is approx 70 kW's.

The stock Phase III power is approx 330 to 340 kW's on a manual trans XR6T (on 98 RON fuel) and the APS phase III + car is generating approx 411 RWkW's (550 RWHP) there is nothing to difficult to understand regarding this power level other than poduct development is always ongoing at APS. 

Now I have said a number of times that this APS XR6T is a Phase III +..................... and that there is another component added to the Phase III system to generate the additional power. Power is a by product of air and fuel combusted efficiently and APS is doing the best job possible to assist this this process, with a stock engine other than improved valve springs. 

You wont have to wait much longer to read about the APS XR6T and the additional APS component and or components which we will release in the APS Phase IV system.

With regards to the C and V XR6T that ran the 10.9 pass.......... there is no rule against using better/higher octane unleaded fuel that I am aware of in drag racing..........all SERIOUS drag racers that I know utilise higher octane fuel........what's strange about that.............your a racer Chris and I'm sure you are aware of this. 

Peter

APS

PS Spiro my apologies that your thread has gone way off topic, I will do my best to keep it happy. 

Obviously they are not going to detail the extra components until they are ready to be released. Instead of the constant barrage, why not wait until details are released, and then contact APS to ask questions to your hearts content?

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Probably is possible to make those sort of power figures but I dare say engine life would be decreased dramatically. :spoton:

Hand_Grenade.jpg

love your work hoon :lol: :lol:

im2qk is slow at answering questions ....... :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 14d
Posted

hi all,

Yes engine life would be umm interesting :spoton:

As for a Phase IV component adding 70+kw .... that's some component :spoton:

Everyone knows the block core shift with these engines is bad and rod integrity no better sooooooo a 400% increase of boost pressure = what

Remember stock boost is 6PSI

cheers

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

If APS has achieved 420rwkw then I think it's pretty obvious that it's possible. :spoton:

There of course would be an increased chance of failure. But the same can be said for putting a phase 1 on to a stock engine. But that's the chance the owners of modded cars take and accept.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 3d
  • Location: Kurrajong, Sydney
Posted

IM2QIK,

I agree it is interesting to see that they've done it... however, that's more from reading what people have done with their cars on these forums and the power levels at which they start modifying internals.

Do you have more experience than that on which your asking this or are you in the same boat as me??

Cheers

Guest jteale
  • Guests
Posted
Hi Jteal,

Thanks for your concern also ... much appreciated!

If you think I'm comparing pen*s sizes all well and good; for you need to stop being an true believer and question some of these claims.

Yeah it might be possible to produce 420 RWKW with a stock XR6T engine on 98 RON fuel soooooooooooo you try it and get back to me  :spoton:

Cheers

Mmmm... maybe I will :lol: (tongue firmly in cheek)

Please Note ... I neither believe or disbelieve in APS on their claims of 420RWKW ... I am happy to wait and see ... comments like I am some sort of APS disciple is the problem with this sort of posting ... especially when clearly you have a competitors mods on your car ... that you may or may not have an axe to grind was the point I was trying to make ... I was just not sure of the posts motivation!

Please this is just my opinion and I am very often wrong :)

Have a good day!

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
hi all,

Yes engine life would be umm interesting  :spoton:

As for a Phase IV component adding 70+kw  .... that's some component  :spoton:

Everyone knows the block core shift with these engines is bad and rod integrity no better sooooooo a 400% increase of boost pressure = what 

Remember stock boost is 6PSI

cheers

is that it ??? :w00t2:

block core shift .... inline six .... huh ... wtf .... explain that one more

rod integrity ..... everyone knows what ??

facts are very important ..... what are they and where do we find them ??

can anyone help ??

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
Be interesting to know everyones thoughts

I for one hope it is possible, will make my intended 300 rwkw's a walk in the park.

Scotty

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Wasn't this 420rwkw motor built at this stage for dyno days....dyno motors aren't supposed to last are they..I was of the understanding they were rebuilt fairly often

Probabaly off track a bit :spoton:

I've heard of a XR8 running 420rwkw with stock internals.....do they have stronger pistons, rods than the turbo motor???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...