geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 26/06/04 07:25 AM Posted 26/06/04 07:25 AM Hi Lachlan, I have read in a few threads and heard from a few people about a possible upgrade to the Xede.Instead of me repeating what I've seen and heard, alot of which could be incorrect, could you clarify the situation. Would you be able to let us know if there is an upgrade happening and if so when, whats involved, how it will be implimented and what if any costs will be associated with it. Geea.
Guest LOK@ChipTorque Guests Posted 26/06/04 07:43 AM Posted 26/06/04 07:43 AM (edited) Hi Geea,We've been working to overcome the 0.75 second startup delay with the XEDE for sometime. Most XEDE customers so far have not found it a particular bother but we would like it faster while maintaining the other qualities of the tuned XEDE installation. I am yet to finalise it as we still have field trials running (BCL most notably commented at the Brisbane show)I expect that it will be a firmware upgrade and should be quite straight forward to install. The process will take about 10 minutes but may involve a bit more time for vehicle scheduling at an XEDE installer's premises.I am trying to nail down any fees but, lets say it won't be more than $50 and we should be able to do it free at our head office on the Gold Coast.Remember, this isn't finalised yet but I'll post soon with complete details.Lachlan RiddelTechnical DirectorChipTorque Edited 26/06/04 07:44 AM by LOK@ChipTorque
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 26/06/04 07:49 AM Posted 26/06/04 07:49 AM I haven't noticed any delay on the start up or difference in starting since my exede was installed
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 26/06/04 07:51 AM Author Posted 26/06/04 07:51 AM Hi Geea,We've been working to overcome the 0.75 second startup delay with the XEDE for sometime. Most XEDE customers so far have not found it a particular bother but we would like it faster while maintaining the other qualities of the tuned XEDE installation. I am yet to finalise it as we still have field trials running (BCL most notably commented at the Brisbane show)I expect that it will be a firmware upgrade and should be quite straight forward to install. The process will take about 10 minutes but may involve a bit more time for vehicle scheduling at an XEDE installer's premises.I am trying to nail down any fees but, lets say it won't be more than $50 and we should be able to do it free at our head office on the Gold Coast.Remember, this isn't finalised yet but I'll post soon with complete details.Lachlan RiddelTechnical DirectorChipTorque Thanks Lachlan. I was aware of the slight delay before I had the Xede installed and its never been an issue with me. I'm not sure on which cars you've driven with the Xede but if you ever get to Melbourne you'll have to have a drive of mine and tell me what you think compared to the other "T's" you've driven. I know I'm rapt with the car and would like to know how it compares to other modded "T's" with the Xede.Geea.
Guest LOK@ChipTorque Guests Posted 26/06/04 07:55 AM Posted 26/06/04 07:55 AM I haven't noticed any delay on the start up or difference in starting since my exede was installed On some units, there is a 0.75ish second delay if you turn straight to crank. ie. it will crank for 0.75 second before the XEDE fires the engine. We've found a fix that maintains the challenging signals required in the rapid start of the BA engine and will get it out to the public shortly. If you don't turn straight from 'off' to 'Start', it won't be there at all.Lachlan
Guest LOK@ChipTorque Guests Posted 26/06/04 07:58 AM Posted 26/06/04 07:58 AM Thanks Lachlan. I was aware of the slight delay before I had the Xede installed and its never been an issue with me. I'm not sure on which cars you've driven with the Xede but if you ever get to Melbourne you'll have to have a drive of mine and tell me what you think compared to the other "T's" you've driven. I know I'm rapt with the car and would like to know how it compares to other modded "T's" with the Xede.Geea. Now that's an offer I'll take up
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/06/04 07:59 AM Posted 26/06/04 07:59 AM I'm not sure on which cars you've driven with the Xede but if you ever get to Melbourne you'll have to have a drive of mine and tell me what you think compared to the other "T's" you've driven. I know I'm rapt with the car and would like to know how it compares to other modded "T's" with the Xede.Geea. .... well, he could compare it to my car, which he drove last week.... but your self shifter should be a bit easier to drive.As I said, now the car starts almost instantaneously, cold and hot. Idle is now far more stable.I'd like to use it for at least 2-3 weeks in daily traffic, and then report back to Lachlan first.Brian
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 26/06/04 08:21 AM Author Posted 26/06/04 08:21 AM I'm not sure on which cars you've driven with the Xede but if you ever get to Melbourne you'll have to have a drive of mine and tell me what you think compared to the other "T's" you've driven. I know I'm rapt with the car and would like to know how it compares to other modded "T's" with the Xede.Geea. .... well, he could compare it to my car, which he drove last week.... but your self shifter should be a bit easier to drive.As I said, now the car starts almost instantaneously, cold and hot. Idle is now far more stable.I'd like to use it for at least 2-3 weeks in daily traffic, and then report back to Lachlan first.Brian Brian, if he's going to compare my car to your car he may aswell compare it to a V8 Supercar. From what I've heard and read of your car I believe that mine would look better if compared to the V8 supercar than compared to yours. I'll have to make a special trip to Sydney so you can take me for a drive, I hear its quite an experience.Geea.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 26/06/04 12:29 PM Posted 26/06/04 12:29 PM I do notice it but it allows me to adjust my longer than normal self properly before take offScotty
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/06/04 06:47 AM Posted 27/06/04 06:47 AM I'll have to make a special trip to Sydney so you can take me for a drive, I hear its quite an experience. Id be booking me some plane tickets pronto if I was you Geea! :lol: Brians car is a friggin rocket. Goes like the space shuttle, stops better than a V8 Supercar, shifts beautifully, handles great, and is very easy to drive in peak hour.What more could you want?And one of the best things, Brian isnt afraid to hand the keys over. It is nice to be taken for a drive in a fast car, but to really appreciate such machinery, you have to drive it. And you will appreciate it. And bow down! :lol: I do!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now