dazza1981 Member 45 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/06/04 07:53 AM Posted 25/06/04 07:53 AM Havent driven one yet, but when I do I imagine it will feel freaking fast compared to my current car!
Guest bigtrev Guests Posted 25/06/04 08:00 AM Posted 25/06/04 08:00 AM yes the power delivery was very smooth and quiet,I have never driven a falcon like that before As for the xw it used to do a low 13 on streets but I spent a bit of money on it.Don't get me wrong the turbo is a far better refined car than what I expectedit actually goes round corners and stops...heheI'm pretty serious in buyin one soon, as I see this car has heaps of easy upgrade power,So guys were is the cheapest dealer in Queenland?I was quoted 54500 driveaway for a turbo with a luxpac, does that seem abit high?should I just wait for the series 2? the dealer said it would be out around sept or oct?CheersTrev
Guest Guests Posted 25/06/04 08:05 AM Posted 25/06/04 08:05 AM Bigtrev,I know what your on about,the T has that bit of lagg,where as the 351 dont.This p!ssed me off about the T for 1/2 a second.Dont compare a 6 T to an V8,two different donks two differnt sounds.vikPS do what I did and have both.
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 25/06/04 08:43 AM Posted 25/06/04 08:43 AM Bigtrev,I know what your on about,the T has that bit of lagg,where as the 351 dont.This p!ssed me off about the T for 1/2 a second.Dont compare a 6 T to an V8,two different donks two differnt sounds.vikPS do what I did and have both. I wanna V8, too now.
Guest anycolouraslongas Guests Posted 25/06/04 09:09 AM Posted 25/06/04 09:09 AM Maybe it's me but when I test drove a T I wasn't overly impressed - only with the acceleration - the rest was great - but the one I now own is quick as hell - have no ideas as to why the difference but maybe test drive another - there is no way in hell I'd get a v8 - I even love the sound of the t.
Guest clevofan Guests Posted 25/06/04 09:26 AM Posted 25/06/04 09:26 AM Bigtrev,I know what your on about,the T has that bit of lagg,where as the 351 dont.This p!ssed me off about the T for 1/2 a second.Dont compare a 6 T to an V8,two different donks two differnt sounds.vikPS do what I did and have both. I wanna V8, too now. I want a T too !Good advice Vik
shockwave Member 129 Member For: 22y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/06/04 11:50 AM Posted 25/06/04 11:50 AM Test drive a red one. They say they go faster! :lol:
Dr Z Member 378 Member For: 22y 7m 7d Posted 25/06/04 12:12 PM Posted 25/06/04 12:12 PM Although it might seem like only a small difference to driving enjoyability, keep in mind that some dealers only fill their "test drive" cars with 91 RON ULP or 95 RON PULP rather than 98 RON PULP like Shell Optimax.Safe and happy driving...Dr Z.
xrturb god bless my kids Member 611 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: claremont meadows, sydney Posted 25/06/04 12:22 PM Posted 25/06/04 12:22 PM I have to admit that when I purchased my rideit seemed a lot slower than my old gen 3 but when I compared times on the road(0-100) the t is faster must be some kind of illusionbut as I slowly add km's tis getting faster
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Location: Toowoomba Posted 25/06/04 12:37 PM Posted 25/06/04 12:37 PM I have to admit that when I purchased my rideit seemed a lot slower than my old gen 3 but when I compared times on the road(0-100) the t is faster must be some kind of illusionbut as I slowly add km's tis getting faster Its no illusion, its just that the T is a porky bas*ard. And the fact its max torque figure is limited from pretty much 2000rpm to 5500 rpm it makes it feel a bit dull. It doesnt give you that turbo rush of say a wrx or skyline but it doesnt give you the sh*ts as much either.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now