The Vic Guys Night at Calder

Guest Big Mick

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 1m 19d
Sorry I did not make it boys, got stuck in Syd as my flight got cancelled :spoton: Did not get back to melb until 9:30pm! :gooff:

Look forward to the next one. :glad:

Yeh me too guys, it was pissing down with rain here last night and thought it would be cancelled. :glad:

Anyway well done to all the boys last night :kissmy:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ROCKET
  • Guests

greetings all

it was a great night apart from the rain at the end

congratulation to Big Mick that 12.33 is a great time, the turbo BA's are heading the same way as the VL's were in the 80's looks as thought they will be the cult car to knock the VL's of the board & put FORD back were they belong

I had a friend of mine there with me last night & he has now boked his Ute in with peter at A.P.S. for the phase 2 upgrade, looks like there may be enother one in the starting blocks next meeting

hanks to all who help with th arangements last night & a big thank-you to Ian Craven @ Calder Park for allowing us to run so many cars from the in field

hope you all had a great night

regards

rod

• Member For: 21y 1m 21d
It was a great night, there must have been well over 30 cars all running from the infield. I large collection of fast BA's and LS1's. Alot had PB's.

I had a new PB of 12.52. Mick was very impressive running a string of 12.3's.

It was good to chat with other like minded fast car enthusists. can't wait for the next one.

Geea. :glad:

Well done on your PB craig :spoton: ............hope you whipped a few holdens, by the way what times were the faster LS1's running on the night?

Peter

APS

Guest Big Mick
  • Guests
It was a great night, there must have been well over 30 cars all running from the infield. I large collection of fast BA's and LS1's. Alot had PB's.

I had a new PB of 12.52. Mick was very impressive running a string of 12.3's.

It was good to chat with other like minded fast car enthusists. can't wait for the next one.

Geea. :glad:

Well done on your PB craig :spoton: ............hope you whipped a few holdens, by the way what times were the faster LS1's running on the night?

Peter

APS

I think the quickest LS1 was a yellow monaro (don't think it was a GTO) prepared by G&D Performance with an 11.02@around 129mph with a manual.

It is supercharged (positive displacement) and definately had some engine work as you could hear the cams at idle. Spoke to the guy driving it (Matt, I think) nice bloke with an awesome car!

Mick

pb of 12.656@114.75 60ft was2.075

Steve good to see ran a 12.65 second pass last night, well done...............imagine if you can get your 60 foot time down to where it should be..............there must be a very low 12 second pass in that T with a 114 mph terminal speed. :spoton:

Peter

APS

I think the quickest LS1 was a yellow monaro (don't think it was a GTO) prepared by G&D Performance with an 11.02@around 129mph with a manual. 

It is supercharged (positive displacement) and definately had some engine work as you could hear the cams at idle.  Spoke to the guy driving it (Matt, I think) nice bloke with an awesome car!

Mick

Thanks Mick, I think Matt worked at Starr performance for a while..........it's a very nice Monaro.........he must be pleased with that time..........well that gives the Ford camp something to think about for a while. :spoton:

Peter

APS

Guest Big Mick
  • Guests

I hope Deek posts his time soon, he had an awesome time for an APS Stage 1 with injectors.

To help build the suspense, he was LESS then a second behind me :lol:

Mick

• Member For: 21y 6m 17d

Well done to Mick, Craig and the other turbo fellas who are out there flying the blue flag for us, the turbo's are really the cars to watch for fast times. Imagine with the power they can generate with a closer ratio'd 6 speed auto and a stally??

Peter, re: that 10 second pass to aim for that Matt's yellow monaro, we'll leave that to you to gun for in a twin turbo xr8!