bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 4d Location: Canberra Posted 09/11/05 01:36 AM Posted 09/11/05 01:36 AM Makes you bloody wonder how they can void warranties for cars that have been edited when they themselves are selling the product in the first place!! A touch of hipocracy perhaps?
wippdaddy Member 41 Member For: 21y 14d Posted 09/11/05 05:42 AM Posted 09/11/05 05:42 AM I think, correct me if I'm wrong, but if the dealer does the mods for your car then you will keep your warranty. If you go somewhere else and get the edit = no warranty. Pity my dealer cant fix anytthing with my car let alone edit it.
xr6tblueprint Member 144 Member For: 20y 10m 3d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 18/04/06 08:11 AM Posted 18/04/06 08:11 AM getting my 15000 km service on my 2003 xr6t next monday and was wondering if it is part of the service that they flash the cars computer or is it not neccesary? everything is running fine apart from a non retracting seat belt but will be fixed under warranty they tell me! cheers
CN RED Member 90 Member For: 20y 5m 22d Location: Brisbane Posted 24/04/06 05:25 AM Posted 24/04/06 05:25 AM G'Day mate,In response to your query regarding flashing of the computer, I would recommend you do not do it. If I understand correctly, the reason they do this is cause the turbo overboosts (in some cars) and can cause engine damage down the track. They 'detune' it so the turbo doesn't run as hard. I got this information from the dealer when I went in for my 30K service, and he strongly advised against it (although will deny ever saying it for obvious reasons). He told me that highway patrol had theirs done and they went back a week or two later complaining that the cars lost performance. Be careful though cause the ford factory will keep it on the system until it is done to the car. From what the dealer said you can simply refuse to have it done. I had the normal service carried out and the injectors cleaned and it now runs better than ever.The other problem the dealer mentioned is that once its done it is very tedious to reverse. That'sa just my first hand experience mate. I have a mate who is very sceptical about taking the car to ford as he thinks they will do it without letting him know. I simply confronted the manager with my concerns and he assured me that it will not be done to the car unless I agree to it. In any case check your receipts and keep an eye out for loss in perfomance. I have been told that it is easy to tell if the performance has been compromised.Hope this helps.
rednuts81 Get on the end of it..... Member 578 Member For: 20y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 25/07/06 08:51 AM Posted 25/07/06 08:51 AM got my car back from service yesterday, driving it home I decided it give it a staband it felt a bit sluggish. I took it for a drive today and the boost gauge is only reading 4psi I swear it was reading 5 before I have no mods. Now, do ford have the gear to retard it or am I just mental.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Posted 25/07/06 08:57 AM Posted 25/07/06 08:57 AM they might have flashed it causeing this problem
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/07/06 09:01 AM Posted 25/07/06 09:01 AM Could be a myriad of things, but like old mate Tony mentioned if it was reflashed it should be listed on your invoice.
rednuts81 Get on the end of it..... Member 578 Member For: 20y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 25/07/06 09:08 AM Posted 25/07/06 09:08 AM Could be a myriad of things, but like old mate Tony mentioned if it was reflashed it should be listed on your invoice.←why would they reflash itand why down to 4 psi
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/07/06 09:11 AM Posted 25/07/06 09:11 AM Could be a myriad of things, but like old mate Tony mentioned if it was reflashed it should be listed on your invoice.←why would they reflash itand why down to 4 psi←They release revised updates for these things quite often, probably to fix one problem and the side-effect is lower boost. Just guessing though buddy, could be totally off-track with the reflash thing.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 25/07/06 09:12 AM Posted 25/07/06 09:12 AM Could be a myriad of things, but like old mate Tony mentioned if it was reflashed it should be listed on your invoice.←why would they reflash itand why down to 4 psi←Cause they are FORD and they like selling cars like these and then Zapping power out of them so they dont break anything.No its so they make there 3 year warranty period Well that's what I reckon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now