JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 07/06/04 08:39 AM Posted 07/06/04 08:39 AM Has anyone actually experienced an 'Upgrade' where it has made a noticeable difference?Yeah,I think if you ask any of the members who've upgraded to APS or Nizpro have noticed a huge difference! :lol: Now that's an upgrade I am happy to accept!!!!!mmm stage 1 in August/Sept, counting the days.
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 08/06/04 03:13 AM Posted 08/06/04 03:13 AM HB - an upgrade that didn't affect performance but cleaned up the cold running performance of the auto box and got rid of the random stalling is what I wanted.....What I've gotten is a poor performing, dangerous with power losses all over the plac, surging, nasty sounding, crapola of an 'upgrade'.Today I tightened the turbo inlet plpumbing which somehow cam loose when they were doing the update... And have disconnected battery to reset ECU to see if it makes a difference.... We'll see....A.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 08/06/04 03:25 AM Posted 08/06/04 03:25 AM HB - an upgrade that didn't affect performance but cleaned up the cold running performance of the auto box and got rid of the random stalling is what I wanted.....What I've gotten is a poor performing, dangerous with power losses all over the plac, surging, nasty sounding, crapola of an 'upgrade'.Today I tightened the turbo inlet plpumbing which somehow cam loose when they were doing the update... And have disconnected battery to reset ECU to see if it makes a difference.... We'll see....A. HB? WTF? Just joking Aaron, let me know how the reset goes as I may try the same thing
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 08/06/04 03:32 AM Posted 08/06/04 03:32 AM Doh sorry JB You about to go for a fang now.....A.
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 08/06/04 04:18 AM Posted 08/06/04 04:18 AM OK small fang done..... It seems a bit smoother, less surging and definately more BOV (factory) noise on lift off. Seems to sound a bit more 'normal' with less almost pinging sounds....Try it....I'll reserve judgement for a couple of days...A.
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 6d Location: On the edge Posted 08/06/04 11:26 PM Posted 08/06/04 11:26 PM Please dont march in to your dealers and ask them to check the "Personality" settings.They'll probably just look at you stupidly and laugh.The personality settings have "Nothing" to do with the performance of your vehicle's engine or engine management.The only things that can be adjusted in personality are:-Taxi ModePanic Alarm InhibitDoor Trigger Disable ModeMaster Door Trigger Disable ModeHazard Warning InhibitHorn Warning InputBattery Saver InhibitAll the above are controlled by either the BEM,ICC/ACM or IC.Not the PCMThe only other reprogramable parameters that may have some effect on engine performance are Axle ratio/Tyre size which are stored on the VID block of the PCM.But that would be minimal.
camerooch Member 129 Member For: 23y 4m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/06/04 03:33 AM Posted 09/06/04 03:33 AM Here we go again !!!!
rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Location: riddells creek Posted 09/06/04 04:35 AM Posted 09/06/04 04:35 AM Here we go again !!!! what he said,
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 9d Location: Sydney Posted 09/06/04 05:16 AM Posted 09/06/04 05:16 AM Hi Fordtech,Ive recently upgraded my wheels to 19's.Would I need to have any changes made to the program on my ECU?thanks
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 6d Location: On the edge Posted 09/06/04 06:36 AM Posted 09/06/04 06:36 AM Hi Fordtech,Ive recently upgraded my wheels to 19's.Would I need to have any changes made to the program on my ECU?thanks GeesemanThere isn't an option in the list of preset wheel sizes on the WDS for 19's.You will probably find that the wheel height and rolling diameter of your new wheels isnt that much different to the original wheels anyway.As I posted before the performance difference would be minimal as well.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now