Azid Rush Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot! Member 692 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 19/09/08 11:04 PM Posted 19/09/08 11:04 PM this has been argued many times and comes down to personal preference cause u will never get ppl agreeing. See I argue with post 37 of above topic simply because hot oil still runs through it simple as that not saying anymore cause I might get a % again lol
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 20/09/08 06:26 AM Posted 20/09/08 06:26 AM if you want one then buy onethe benifits are debatable but it will do no harm
PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 21/09/08 01:35 PM Posted 21/09/08 01:35 PM Its certainly debatable IMO, you can easily justify having one by not wanting to sit in your car for a couple of minutes while it cools down, just lock the car and it turns off after a set time. But again, its like asking whether running no BOV is safe, you'll never get a clear cut answer. Just go through previous posts and form your own decision. Good luck anyway!
plick787 Member 25 Member For: 18y 28d Posted 02/10/08 04:21 AM Posted 02/10/08 04:21 AM Pros and Cons are debatable but I think its not really an issue bcoz it doesnt give the car more power or cause it to go faster or change any emissions so I would get one just to be safe. Be interesting to know if they void warranty though. Anyone got a clue?
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/10/08 04:25 AM Posted 02/10/08 04:25 AM I have a turbo timer, wether it helps or not I really dont care, al I no is im on my third turbo and it sure couldn do any harm
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 03/10/08 02:04 AM Posted 03/10/08 02:04 AM I thought u have to manually lock doors as it screws the central locking or something :S
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/10/08 02:11 AM Posted 03/10/08 02:11 AM you hop out n instead of pushin a button you put the key in the door n turn it.. a whole extra 2 seconds. no big deal
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 03/10/08 02:24 AM Posted 03/10/08 02:24 AM this is such an old arguement, no reason to go at it again.... 03XR6T has got it in a nut shell.now lets talk about the need for BOV....
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 11m 1d Location: In The Ute Posted 03/10/08 02:32 AM Posted 03/10/08 02:32 AM A waste of time and money...Forget it and spend your money on something worthwhile. Water cooled Turbo keeps cooling long after the engine is switched off. The hotter the turbo is the more water boils off and is replaced by colder water.If it was a problem Ford wouldn’t sell a car without one.
20pounds Member 180 Member For: 18y 14d Gender: Male Posted 19/10/08 12:46 AM Posted 19/10/08 12:46 AM I have a 07 turbo and was wondering if I can hook up a turbo timer no worries. I have a blitz dual but had dramas with it in my wrx with sometimes engine would switch off when key turned off but timer would be counting down. nothin wrong with timer as I was told I might have that problem with that car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now