Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 2d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

Service Manger called me today, diff is ready!!!!! :w00t2:

They have produced 3 diffs rated at 10. Because they have had so many problems, my diff will be put into a test car first to ensure it is ok then sent across to the dealer to be placed in mine.

Hopefully either next week or the week after it will be in. I am hoping this will also rectify the clunking, and surging in the driveline, fingers crossed I suppose.

Once completed I will try to obtain as much information for the other members on how to get your dealer to request a specific diff for you.

  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
Service Manger called me today, diff is ready!!!!! :w00t2:

They have produced 3 diffs rated at 10. Because they have had so many problems, my diff will be put into a test car first to ensure it is ok then sent across to the dealer to be placed in mine.

Hopefully either next week or the week after it will be in. I am hoping this will also rectify the clunking, and surging in the driveline, fingers crossed I suppose.

Once completed I will try to obtain as much information for the other members on how to get your dealer to request a specific diff for you.

that's great news JB...fingers crossed. Which dealer?

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 2d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

Etheridge in Vermont, as they have been dealing with the diff problem since day 1. Let's hope George that this is the answer to all my wishes. Then again who knows, touch wood!

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 7d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
They have produced 3 diffs rated at 10.

...

Once completed I will try to obtain as much information for the other members on how to get your dealer to request a specific diff for you.

Hey JB

Please let us know how to get a "10" diff - the service advisor had no clue when I asked about this ! :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I dont hear any whining when my wife gets in the car.When she gets out I hear it again... :lol:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 2d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Try changing the oil in the diff to Shell LS90, 90grade green stuff, supposed to be far superior to what the diff manufacturer is putting in.

Mine is getting done on Monday, although I do not have a bad diff at all, but on reccommendation from a drivetrain guru I'll put it in just in case my diff deteriorates in the future. :nono:

Redhawk, how did the diff oil change go? :ermm: Any difference? :nono:

  • 2 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 1d
  • Location: Melb
Posted

On Friday, I had my xr6t inspected by Luke (engineer from Ford), to determine if the excessive noise, backlash, clunking in the driveline (whatever you wanna call it), was excessive.

After taking my manual T for a drive, he said "sorry, that's the way they are", and advised nothing could be done. Hopeless. He also said that mine was one of the better ones he had seen. I really do feel sorry for the other T owners if mine is one of the better ones.

I have lodged my complaint with NotGoodEnough, and they are considering listing it on the top 10 gripes.

As a disappointed manual xr6T owner, I feel this is the only option I have to get something done about this widespread problem. Ford simply turn their back.

I urge all manual T drivers, who experience the same problem, to lodge their complaint with www.notgoodenough.org, in an attempt to get this resolved. The more complaints the better chance we have.

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted
On Friday, I had my xr6t inspected by Luke (engineer from Ford), to determine if the excessive noise, backlash, clunking in the driveline (whatever you wanna call it), was excessive.

After taking my manual T for a drive, he said "sorry, that's the way they are", and advised nothing could be done. Hopeless. He also said that mine was one of the better ones he had seen. I really do feel sorry for the other T owners if mine is one of the better ones.

I have lodged my complaint with NotGoodEnough, and they are considering listing it on the top 10 gripes.

As a disappointed manual xr6T owner, I feel this is the only option I have to get something done about this widespread problem. Ford simply turn their back.

I urge all manual T drivers, who experience the same problem, to lodge their complaint with www.notgoodenough.org, in an attempt to get this resolved. The more complaints the better chance we have.

I really do feel for you guys with this problem.

I just cant see you getting any resolution unfortunatly.

It's a whole driveline thing and short of replacing the gearbox diff and tailshaft (and maybe other uni joints) with specially manufactured items that have tolerances much tighter than the mass produced items, I dont believe there is an easy fix.

And, I dont think the manufacturers will be forthcoming with lots of new and expensive gear.

Unfortunate? Yes. Bad business? Yes. Will it cost Ford sales? Yes again.

But, the accounting and engineering boffins at Ford will have done their sums and I reckon that from a corporate angle its a no brainer.

If the BA II has improvments in this area then the current problems will just fade into history.

After all, just consider the numbers of Manual cars in the total manufacturing process. I dont really know but I'd be surprised if they comprise more than a few %.

I hope I'm wrong but manual Fords have had this problem for the last 6-8 years to my knowledge.

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 28d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

l agree with everything you have said Mack....unfortunately :spoton:

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted
l agree with everything you have said Mack....unfortunately :spoton:

Yep. Your Gull knows it only too well Mondie.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...