Air Filters

Guest Tockley

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 10d

BMC filter for me, though you wont go wrong with K&N either, both will let the beast breathe a bit better.Either its down to price or you toss a coin.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d
Was it hard to put the XR8 snorkle and ram pod in the six ? Did you notice a big gain ? Did you also do dyno runs before and after ?

Not hard at all. Rampod took a bit of fiddling to fit it in the airbox. Bit of trial and error to get it in.

XR8 CAI fitted in 30mins. Bit of mucking around cutting the whole in the airbox if you don't have the correct tools.

Sorry, no dyno figures. But 240rwkw is pretty healthy for a CAPA S1 kit.

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d
Ive always been a K&N fan and remain so with my T. Couldnt really feel much of a gain in power with the filter but yes you could hair the noise and flutter much more then stock. I didnt dyno the car before, as realistically I doubt you would get anything more then a kilowatt at the wheels from a filter, but the car hit 202.5 rwKw with BOV and K&N as the only mods.

Personally, I think they both do the same job, but from memory I think the K&N is cheaper.

What he said. :gooff:

Tockley sorry mate I do not have the figures. From feel of the car, I'm not sure whether the filter provided much more gain in pwr, but definately more throttle response and definately noise! I think one of the members actually did the mod with dyno before and after. Approx 5kw gain for the induction and filter.

It will be under similar topic if you do a search :gooff:

Guest Tockley
  • Guests

Sweet, thanks JB for the info. More throttle response is definately something I can do with, and more induction noise, what can you say ?

DavoXT, what do you washi it with ?

Silly question but did Ford ever give you any grief with warranty?

Cheers,

Tock.

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d

No Tockley nothing has been said, mind you I was in New Oakleigh Motors the other Day and they had on display for sale K&N filters, so if you buy it from a dealer then you can not go wrong I suppose :huh:

If you are a manual , mate you will get a fantastic intercooler and blow of noise when changing gears! Not ricey though, Quality, not enhanced! :lol:

• Member For: 20y 8m 23d

I got a K&N and it works fine with a little bit more induction noise but nothin to be too concerned about. I've cleaned it once with the K&N cleaning kit.

• Member For: 20y 8m 9d
No Tockley nothing has been said, mind you I was in New Oakleigh Motors the other Day and they had on display for sale K&N filters, so if you buy it from a dealer then you can not go wrong I suppose :blink:

If you are a manual , mate you will get a fantastic intercooler and blow of noise when changing gears! Not ricey though, Quality, not enhanced! :lol:

You will have to pardon me being dumb, but how does it change your BOV noise? :blink:

My car already has a loud whistle that starts at 2,100rpm and tapers off by 3,000rpm. This noise has only been around for the last 5,000kms. I have the stock air filter, but would I be describing a noise similar to what you are?

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d
You will have to pardon me being dumb, but how does it change your BOV noise? :blink:

Its not the BOV making the noise, its the air reverberating off the compressor wheel, making the "flutter" noise. When you replace the factory element with a free flowing type, like a K&N or similar, it is less restrictive, so more air can flow in and out.

Ive got a XR8 airbox with a Battens adapter, and im also using a BMC filter, all is good! Sounds tops too! :blink: